Silent Color

Author/creator: Qing GeGenre: Shounen Ai, Psychological, Romance, Slice of Life, Drama

Genre: Shounen Ai, Psychological, Romance, Slice of Life, Drama

Summary:

The young man named Li Qing, with his different disposition and strange mannerisms, deeply attracts Xiang Yang. From strangers that never once before crossed paths, become acquainted as close friends. In this unusual environment, these two experience together the things they never once experienced before.

Read:
Mangago (Completed)

***

I highly recommend this one! Actually I thought it has a simple plot but there's more to it. It's deeper in a way that you'll get hook and curious with the characters back story at the same time!

I'm going to put "SPOILER ALERT' after this becasue I want to discuss some things about the story.

So, hurry up and check it out. Go back here if you are confuse and curious about the ending or the whole plot. Let's discuss and dig some information so we can understand the manhwa more.

SPOILER ALERT!

Before we talk about it, I just want to say the art is really good. The color and art style is just so cool, it makes me calm.

Okay, so I have a habit to read manhwa that I saved in my phone since I know I've checked hundred of times if it's worth it. Before I save it to my reading list, I checked the plot, art, and comments (since I don't like sad endings, I need spoilers about the outcome). It's because I've saved it for a month that I forgot the summary so when I had a chance to finally read it, I clicked the chapter 1 fast, totally ignoring the summary.

Enough with that, let's go straight to the point. Xiang Yang was sent to a mental hospital because of his mother. At first, I thought the author is trying to hide his condition by showing flashbacks and dreams. Turns out, he's healthy and he doesn't have any illness.

It makes me so mad that his mother would end up sending him in a mental hospital just because she saw that her son is gay. Like, what the hell?? She seems intelligent but her mind's so crook. I know being gay is not fully accepted but it doesnt mean we should treat them like they are different. Like they have some sort of illness. That does not make them any less of a human.

Xiang Yang grew up in a wealthy family, and just like most of the issues, he's thirsty for affection. He became spoiled and he played a lot when he got a chance to run away to enjoy himself, since he felt suffocated playing as a good guy to get his mother's affection. He wanted her to look at him, but she still even spare a glance.

His mother has been monitoring him all along, and so he felt suffocated again but he cant do anything since he felt defenseless even though he keeps running away.