Affectionately

Author/creator: KemjeGenre: Yaoi/Shounen Ai (can't really remember but I think there's r18 scenes at the later chapter)

Genre: Yaoi/Shounen Ai (can't really remember but I think there's r18 scenes at the later chapter)

Summary:

Woojin is so good with animals you could call him human catnip! But, thanks to his gloomy appearance and shy personality, he has a hard time connecting with other people. On the opposite end of the spectrum is Sangyoon, the kind, bright and handsome owner of an animal cafe. He meets Woojin by chance and is enthralled by the way he immediately bonds with animals. He ends up inviting Woojin to come work for him at the cafe. Woojin falls for him at first sight but is unable to work up the courage to make a move! Will Woojin ever end up with Sangyoon who he so longs to be with?

***

The art is really cute and the story is... I really don't know. The reason why it got on my list is because they are simp for cats and dogs here lol. Tbh it started good but ended bad for me.

Story wise, it's not bad (it's a happy ending guys) but not my favorite either. Let me expand this below (on spoilers)

This have some kind of fluff, but there's indeed a major plot which is cliche in some ways. If you like stories with bitchy character and too much drama going on to a certain character, then I think you'll enjoy reading this.

Spoilers

I think I mentioned this before, but I hate stories with possessive antagonist who act so evil and crazy over seme or uke.

Not my favorite because not only they have this crazy character only appearing to add the drama, he do things because he's a possessive crazy guy. Also, I hated the fact that they made the seme so oblivious to his action, kept him as a friend and not even noticing his affection. I mean, if he's that crazy, he should have suspected it, right? I hate that it shows that seme doesn't really care much for uke, the reason why many dropped this story.

Well, it's fine since as I've said I'm not a fan with this kind of story because it's frustrating and kind of tiring to deal with. But I guess it's fine to read this kind of story some time, when you feel like wanting to murder someone lol.

The story is predictable, it's just feels like it's way too overboard to add too many flavors to the plot.

Like for example, seme's brother. They made it look like his character is the worst. I mean, I get it that he likes uke but he did tried to force all his way to him and that made me feel off. Because I feel like the author is trying to give way to the seme, so the readers won't like him so much for uke. They put that so his character will at least go below the seme, since they made the seme oblivious for the things the blonde antagonist did, just to reach the climax of the story, and to make the seme deserving for the uke.

I just think that that particular scene is not necessary because I still think the flow is making a progress. Too much happenings will make it look so stressful and over the top, if it makes sense lol. It's hard to explain well so I hope you understand.

It's still ongoing in mangago when I put it here but I've seen the raws (used a translation to get some idea with the story). It's not clear but I totally understand it even without a proper translation. Btw it's completed! Go check it out yourself if you're curious.

Pretty sure you've guessed that the blonde guy did all the bad things to hold on to the seme. He pushed his ex lover and made stupid rumors against him and act goody goody in front of seme.

What I think lacking is the seme seems to failed a certain development (not that he's really bad). I just think that since he's been through the same issue before (broke up with his lover without knowing the truth), I think it'll be good if he figure it out earlier (I know they made it like that to add suspense) or at least be wary of those things (he act fastly when he felt suspicious with the redhead before, so why not do the same now?). The fact that there's two people involve, even though the one is your friend, you shouldn't be comfortable enough to leave them alone.

Maybe the blonde guy is just really good at acting, a two faced bitch. I don't know anymore I've said so much and I know I sound too know-it-all.

Do yeah, not my favorite at all. If not for the art and pet lover characteristics of them, I will not finished this. Yeah I finished even though I really wanna drop it hehe.