16 ➠ 𝐚𝐤𝐚𝐭𝐬𝐮𝐤𝐢'𝐬 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
akatsuki's nightmare

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍❝ akatsuki's nightmare ❞

A sudden visit from the members of the Akatsuki surely caught you by surprise. Some of the members are heavily injured and need to be treated quickly before more serious damage might happen as they lose a lot of blood. Having no time to bring them to the hospital, you decided to tend to their injuries, giving them first-aid treatment to help stop the bleeding. Deidara, on the other hand, was seriously injured that his left arm fell off of his torso leaving only his bare shoulder.

"Deidara! Stay with me! Keep your eyes open!" you yelled out to him, making sure he's not unconscious.

"Ughh... I-It h-hurts!" he cries out, wailing helplessly.

"What the hell happened?!" you demanded as you looked at the other members across the room.

"We were attacked by a group of rogue ninja when we were on our way back to the hideout." Kisame mutters in between his heavy breath as he was clasping his abdomen with a cloth to stop the blood from flowing out just like you ordered him to.

"I thought you guys are superior, why can't-"

"They're not just some normal rogue ninja, [y/n]. They are Orochimaru's underlings and they hold an enormous amount of chakra. We were outnumbered." Pein explained in his calm voice.

"Kakuzu, help me out here." Ignoring Pein, you turned your focus back to Deidara to reattach his arm and use your medical ninjutsu to heal the opened wounds.

"Just hang in there. We're almost done." You tried to reassure Deidara as you continue to heal his arm with some aid from Kakuzu.

You caught a glimpse of Sasori as he was lying flat on the floor, his breathing slowly fading.

"He's flatlining!!" Konan screamed out as she pointed to Sasori's dying form.

You rushed over to the red-haired man after completing the surgery on Deidara and check his pulse.

"No, no, no!!"

You then put down your ear to his chest hoping that somehow you can hear even the slightest beat of his heart pounding against his chest.

Lub dub.

Sighing in relief, you quickly positioned yourself beside him, adjusting his head by tilting it back so that you can perform the CPR. Keeping your arms straight and putting your shoulders directly over your hands, you pushed down your bodyweight, giving him chest compressions and rechecking his pulse. You continued to apply the CPR when suddenly he spat out thick-dark-red blood all over your face.

You gasped, falling backwards as you looked down at your hands that were covered with blood. Your eyes grew big and your skin turns pale and everything around you seem distant. You heard a distinct echo as you felt like time passes slowly. Your vision was disfigured as if you were looking through a fish-eye lens.

What have I done? You whimpered remorsefully.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*The next morning*

You fell asleep on your dining table as you were worn out the day before, trying to your heart consent in aiding the injured members of the Akatsuki and sparing their life. You were too tired that you don't even realize that the moment you placed your head when you sat to catch your breath for a moment at the dining table, you dozed off to sleep instantly.

You woke up when you heard your front door was being held shut. You rubbed your eyes and yawned as you stretch out your body to relax your muscles. You saw a figure leaning against your kitchen frame and you blinked your eyes several times to see clearer.

"You save my life." He spoke in his normal monotone voice.

You gave him a genuine smile. "You, sir, should be resting."

You bring yourself up to go to your bedroom and stopped halfway to where the Puppet Master was standing.

"I don't know how I can repay you after what you've done." A glimpse of mixed feelings and sadness clouded his features.

"You don't have to, Sasori. That's what comrades are for, they help each other out and as long as I lived, I won't let my comrades die." You placed your right hand to his left shoulder gently and bring his arm across your shoulder as you helped him to get to the living room.

"If you're looking for Pein and Konan, they already left early this morning." He calmly stated when he noticed you scanning around the room as if to search for something.

"Oh, I see." You muttered to yourself and helped Sasori to sit on the couch.

Before you can get up to go to your room, he simply grabbed your arm and turn you around to face him.

He flashed his warm, soft smile towards you, the kind of smile that you rarely seen tainted on his expressionless face ever since you knew him. "I haven't got the chance to express my gratitude after what you did, so thank you, [y/n]. For saving my life."

Your expression softened and a soft smile plastered on your face as your head move in a slight nod.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

thank you for 1k readers!! i love you all so much!! <33