17 ➠ 𝐚 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
a surprise party

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍❝ a surprise party ❞

"[y/n]! Hurry up they're gonna be here anytime soon!" Konan called out from the kitchen.

"Just a second!" you replied back, glancing at yourself in the mirror as you straighten your dress. You checked the mirror one last time before heading to the kitchen.

It was the day where you and the members of the Akatsuki throw a little surprise party for the returning of Deidara and Sasori after spending five days at the hospital.

"Wash your filthy hands before touching the food!" Konan warned when she saw the other members swarm up over the food on the table.

"Tobi! Don't eat all that candy!" Kisame shouted and started to run towards him. Tobi on the other hand, grabbed the bowl of candy and started to run away from Kisame and shouted, "Don't steal Tobi's candy!!"

"I will definitely eat him alive." Black Zetsu claimed while rolling his eyes, completely annoyed with Tobi.

Suddenly, Kisame and Tobi were involved in a game of tag. They were both running away from each other as the candy bowl changes back and forth between Kisame's and Tobi's arm. All of a sudden, Tobi bumped into Pein, making him stumbled forward and his face lay flat on the cake that was placed on the dining table.

"Oops! Leader-sama, Tobi is so sorry!" he snickered when he saw Pein's face covered with cake followed by Kisame and Konan from across the table.

Pein's expression tightened as he clenched his teeth and his face reddened from embarrassment and anger. "Temee... SHINRA TEN-"

"Whoa, whoa! Hold on! What is going on here?" you commanded, your eyes widened and your brows furrowed.

"Kisame-senpai started it first!" Tobi accused and pointed at Kisame.

"Oh, hell no! He stole all the candy!" Kisame shot back and glared at him.

Before you knew it, they started shouting at each other, not showing any signs of surrendering.

"This... is going to be a long day." You chuckled and shook your head.

"Such a waste of money." Kakuzu mutters under his breath as he looked at the wasted food on the floor.

"Pein, go clean yourself up. Kisame and Tobi, quit playing around! You're a grown-ass person, act like one. While I, on the other hand... will clean all this mess." You sighed. Just when you were about to clean up the mess that Tobi and Kisame caused, you heard voices coming from the living room.

"What the hell-" Deidara's eyes bewildered.

"Oh, here they are!" Konan whispered as you, Pein, Tobi, Kisame, and Zetsu stood tall facing at Deidara and Sasori's direction.

"SURPRISE!!" you all cheered in unison.

Sasori and Deidara's jaws dropped as they stare towards the members with a perplexed expression. "Huh?"

"Well, technically, we were planning on giving you both a welcoming surprise but I guess it's a complete disaster after 'someone' spoils the cake." You narrowed your eyes towards Kisame and Tobi.

There was a moment of silence before you all burst out laughing upon hearing your statement.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The day went by as the plan of welcoming Deidara and Sasori after being discharged from the hospital, failed terribly but the fact that all the members are having a great time with each other's company really brings you tears of joy. It's been a while since you've spent time with the members of the Akatsuki all at once. The bond that was created between you and each member does not fade as time passes after you left the organization and somehow you felt grateful that it doesn't.

It was late in the evening after you're done cleaning up with some help from Kakuzu and Kisame. Pein, Konan, and Zetsu left soon after the party ended, saying they got a business to attend to. Tobi on the other hand continues to annoy Deidara every chance he gets. Probably it's his way of saying he missed his Deidara-senpai after a few days of being admitted to the hospital leaving Tobi with no partner to play with.

"I just realized something. Where's your partner?" you asked after Kisame left, leaving only you and Kakuzu in the kitchen.

"That stupid Jashinist brat? He's out running a few errands."

"Aren't you going with him?"

"Why should I? It's not under Leader-sama's order."

You looked over to Kakuzu in astonishment. "What do you mean?"

"He's been taking double shifts and often out running errands on his own to gain more wages. Can't believe a guy like him would become fond of money like I did. Well, I guess it can't be helped, as long as he's not bugging with the organization's money." Kakuzu shrugged.