28 ➠ 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐬

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
your former comrades ❞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓❝ your former comrades ❞

At this point, you were convinced that the sudden explosion that engulfed the Earth, shaking the ground beneath you, was coming from the Akatsuki's base. Your blood ran cold, you could feel your heart pounding in your chest. You were in a state of shock. You couldn't believe your eyes, your fear then escalated into panic as tension grew in your face and limbs. Thoughts began accelerating inside your head. You wanted to do something. You wanted to go there. You wanted to help them.

Your breathing became more rapid, more shallow. You tried to move but your body wouldn't seem to budge. You took a step forward, slowly regaining back your composure. This is the time where they need you and you have to be there. You have to help them!

Before you could brisk up your pace into running towards where your comrades and you used to hang out together, you felt a tight grip on your left arm. You quickly looked back over your shoulder in exasperation.

"Look." Kumiko warned you in a low, rough voice, jerking her head towards a group of the Hidden Grass shinobi that started to gather around. Probably heading towards the border gates in each corner of the village.

"I know you wanted to help them but this is not the time. If they found out you have any association with the Akatsuki, they wouldn't hesitate to kill you even though you're a member of this village."

You lowered your head before averting your eyes towards the group of shinobi.

"Trust me on this, [y/n]. Don't do anything stupid." Her voice sounding stern, meaning that she's serious and not taking 'no' as an answer.

You hesitated momentarily before nodding your head slightly. Soon after, a loud siren wailed somewhere in the distance, signaling the villagers to take shelter immediately as a blaring voice from the speaker declared a state of emergency and imposed the villagers to take the emergency measures and stayed in their own houses before the next orders are given out.

"That's my call. I have to go. Let's put all of this at my house first." Kumiko suggested, picking up the mat that she accidentally dropped on the ground earlier.

"Good idea. I have to get to the hospital to check for any casualties." You both hurried back to Kumiko's place before the two of you went on your separate ways.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

You spent a total of eight hours at the hospital trying your very best to aid the people that were heavily injured and some dealt with fatality by the unexpected blast earlier this morning. You felt totally drained physically and mentally from using too much chakra and hasted back and forth between the emergency room and the surgical ward because not only the number of skilled medical ninja here in the Hidden Grass were low but the fact that ninja that were not originally from the Hidden Grass also came in, requiring immediate assistance for their injuries made all of the medical ninja here including you beaten out by the rising quantity of patients. Regardless, you all managed to assist every single one of them and now all they need were some good quality rest and you were too.

Using the last of your energy, you walked back to your home sluggishly. The only thing on your mind right now is a hot bath and your big comfy bed awaiting you at your house.

"I'm so tired out." You breathed out a long, heavy sigh as the thoughts of your former comrades came rushing in.

I hope you're all okay.

When you're about to insert your door key and unlocked the front door, you noticed that there were noises coming from inside of your house but the lights were off. Your eyes grew wide, hand tightened around the doorknob as you tried to think about any possibilities that would happen inside your house while you were gone.

I swear I locked the door when I left. Who the fuck is in there?!

You took a deep breath, slowly unlocking your front door and ready yourself with ninjutsu techniques that you could come up with when you encountered whoever that person is. Carefully without making any loud noises, you managed to open the door and let yourself in and you locked it again behind you. It was already in the middle of the night and you couldn't see anything through the darkness. Reaching your right hand upwards towards your light switch, you clicked on it. When your living room was lit up, the noises suddenly fell silent.

It's coming from the kitchen.

You grabbed on a kunai that was placed near the doorway and quietly sneaked into the kitchen. Using your sensor-type technique, you could also sense that there was more than just one chakra as you came close to the kitchen.

WTF?!! There were three of them!

The noises shifted towards you and without hesitation, you threw the kunai right straight ahead, intending to injure them before they could ever get to you and you switched on the kitchen light.

The kunai pierced directly to the one's body but it didn't injure him! Instead, it just passed through him and the kunai fell to the ground behind him.

"Wha-" you looked up and froze at the sight.

"Well, that was one way to greet people."