21 ➠ 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄
breakdown

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐎𝐍𝐄❝ breakdown ❞

Once you slammed your bedroom door shut from behind you, you felt tears spilling over the sides of your eyes as you clenched your fists so tight you could feel the sweat trapped inside them. You could no longer handle the heartbreak and you fell to the floor in a disheveled heap as your sorrows poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears followed by your fist meeting the floor and the only time you'd stop was to take a short intake of air to fill your lungs.

The pain you felt was unbearable, it feels like your heart is getting stabbed and broke into millions of pieces, the same kind of pain you felt when Itachi died a few years ago. It's been a while since you've had this big of a breakdown and you weren't sure why you're feeling the way you are now but you felt hopeless and full of despair that you don't even know what to do at this point.

Your gasping wails echoed around the room. Crying was all you could do to release all the hurt and suffering that you have built up inside you because no words can really express the emotions that you are feeling right now. You cried until no more tears came out and slumped onto the floor with your cheeks still wet from tears. With your hands holding tightly onto the necklace around your neck, your weeping fading as you slowly cried yourself to sleep.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

You woke up the next morning to the sound of a loud banging in the distance. You heard footsteps approached as your front door was being held open. Slowly picking up yourself from the floor that you fell asleep on the night before, you bring yourself to sit up and you felt a slight headache and a stiff neck. You rubbed the back of your neck with your hand and closed your eyes as you feel the headache began intensifying.

"[y/n]! What are you doing on the floor?" a voice came up, sounding concerned.

You looked up slightly and let out a breath.

"I have a headache." You stated and tried to bring yourself up to stand before losing your balance and stumbling forward but the impact of falling to the ground does not come and you opened your eyes to see that she was already in front of you, offering her body so that she can prevent you from falling.

"A-Are you okay?" she gave you a worried look when she clearly saw that your eyes were red and your cheeks were puffy from crying.

"I'm fine, Kumiko. Just a headache." You lied, trying to convince her.

"Okay, then." She paused before continuing.

"I'm sorry I barged into your house without telling. I thought something might happen because you didn't reply when I called out." She guided you to the living room and helped you to sit down on the couch.

"It's okay." You replied softly.

"Have you eaten?"

You shook your head slightly.

"Just as I thought. Wait here, I'll go make breakfast."

"You don't have to, Kumiko. I don't want to-"

"It's fine, [y/n]. It's not that big of a deal to me and besides, we haven't had breakfast together in a long time. You said you have a headache, right? You should get some rest or take a shower while I'm making breakfast." She flashed her bright smile to you before heads to the kitchen.

"Thanks."

"No problem. Glad to be at your service, Your Highness." She teased you from the kitchen and giggled.

When you're done taking a quick shower, it was just in time when Kumiko finished preparing for breakfast and you both ate together. After she insisted that she could clean up on her own and ordered you to rest, you leave her in the kitchen to approach the living room and lay down on the couch. You closed your eyes and you rubbed the side of your temple slowly to help ease the sudden, mild headache.

"Here, take this." She handed you a glass of water and a pill, probably a painkiller or a migraine tablet.

You shifted to sit up and took them from her. After swallowing the pill and a vigorous sip of water, you placed the glass on the table in front of you and put your head back while leaning against the couch.

You let out a soft chuckle.

"What is it?" Kumiko gave you a sidelong glance, she looked kind of confused.

"One of the best medical-nin in Konoha but look at me now." You sneered, looking over at her direction with a smirk flickered at the corner of your mouth.

Kumiko laughed at your joke and replied back.

"Oh, come on. We all need someone to take care of us eventually. We're not getting any younger, we all are gonna end up falling ill and die someday." She shrugged her shoulders.

"That's... harsh." You frowned and laughed.

After about a few minutes of continuous laughter, she finally pointed out.

"Hey, where's Hidan?"