19 ➠ 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐢𝐫𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
memoirs of the past ❞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍❝ memoirs of the past ❞

(a/n: enjoy your daily dose of hidan and itachi dancing to make your day even better)

A few days went by since you encountered your former comrades, the Akatsuki. As usual, you continued to spend your time working at the village hospital and as soon as your shift ended, you always wandered around the village or sat alone at the park, watching the fascinating sight of the changing vivid colors of the sunset as the sun dipped beneath the horizon. It was undeniable that you love to watch the sunset ever since you were young.

Back in the day, you and Itachi would always look over the setting sun as it streaked the sky as if a million scarlet blooms ignited with the blush of a rose petal. You love how the edge of the cloud changes its color like a turning page or a new set of colors brushed upon an artist's canvas as if those rays were destined to create a great work of art. By the time the night comes, the pure black of the night sky beckoned by the stars under the glow of the moon as it shine above the passing clouds of ink.

The tranquility in the serenade of the black sky would always bring you comfort and a peaceful mind after a stressful and tiring day. It was the softness that called the body and mind to rest and your heart to go to its steady rhythm and as a reward to calm the soul.

Itachi once stated that he admires how your face would light up after seeing the beauty of the sky as it changes color as if he can clearly see that the burden you've been carrying on your shoulders has been lifted up. Hence, ever since that day, he would always insist on taking you to watch the sunset together and you, on the other hand, would happily go with him every chance you got. It's been like a routine for both of you since the Academy but by the time you both joined the Akatsuki, you rarely had enough time to spend with him to do that.

Every memory that you've had with him becomes a treasure that you've buried deep in your heart and could never let go of. It still pains you how much it still hurts whenever you thought or heard his name as if it becomes a taboo that can easily tangle up your soul and triggers something that even you can't seem to shake them off. You squeezed your eyes shut to brush away the tears that were already forming in the corner of your eyes and you bit your lower lip.

"Thought you'd be here." a familiar voice suddenly came up from behind you.

You quickly wiped away the tears in your eyes with your hand and looked over by your shoulder.

"What do you want?" you asked coldly.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Hidan's POV

I just finished my missions and I thought of stopping by at [y/n]'s place since it's just a few minutes away but the way she's been behaving tells me that I might not be welcomed around her at the moment. I tried to brush off the feeling that something was wrong and followed her to her house. The journey back to her house was filled with complete silence. Neither she nor I had said a single word since I approached her at the park. She opened her front door and let herself in as she let it open slightly wider for me to get in. I followed from behind her and closed the door. When I turned to face her, she was already making her way to her bedroom.

"Are we gonna keep on ignoring each other?" I tried to break the silence since seeing her like this kills me inside.

"I'm not ignoring you."

"Then why haven't you replied to my questions?"

She paused in the hallway.

"...nothing to talk about." She replied blatantly and resume to walk.

I dashed forward to go after her and without even realizing it, I seized her arm and made her turn to face me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" I blurted as I stared into her eyes.

"Y-You're..." she stammered, her eyes widened and her mouth was slightly opened.

"Damn it, [y/n]! Just spill it!"

"You're hurting me!"