18 ➠ 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
truth untold

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍❝ truth untold ❞

"What did you just say?" you asked with a puzzled look on your face.

"The Akatsuki has been running low on funding lately and some of the members have to do extra missions to cover up the money that we've lost and our recent encounter with the rogue ninja made the situation even worse. Although Leader-sama has pleaded to the Feudal Lords of the Five Big Nations to lend us some money, those fucking bastards are too damn selfish to do so. After what we've done towards their countries, this is what they repay us. If I had known this sooner, I would have charged them a higher amount of money to appoint us. Maybe that would give them heads up." Kakuzu slammed his fist on the table and he was fuming.

"I never knew..." you lowered your gaze to stare blankly at the floor, pondering what he just grumbled.

"At this rate, we have to work our asses off to make money, not to waste it." He rubbed his face in frustration.

You can clearly see his face contorted and his body stiffed as if he was carrying a heavyweight burden on his shoulders.

"Hey, Kakuzu. Can you please tell Pein to stop sending me money? I got more than enough to-"

"Pein providing you money? What are you talking about? We never give out money to anyone unless if I authorized it."

"B-But Hidan said..." you blinked your eyes a few times to take in the information Kakuzu just told you.

"Hidan? What exactly did he say to you?" Kakuzu asked, his green eyes looking at you in anticipation.

You shook your head slightly while closing your eyes. "Nothing. Just forget about it."

You two finished up cleaning and approached the living room where the others sat leisurely, talking to each other.

"Oi, Tobi! Don't make fun of my art! You know nothing about the beauty of fine art. Art is an EXPLOSION, hm! Isn't that right, Sasori-no-Danna?"

"Tch! Shut up, brat! Fine art is a work of beauty, captured and left for posterity, something wonderful that's left long into the future... It is the beauty of all eternity."

You let out a long sigh and giggled looking at the members' childish behavior. "Yare-yare."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Morning comes as the rising sun cast a rosy hue across the morning sky and the blue sky was dotted with fluffy white clouds that drifted idly in the gentle breeze. You yawned lazily as you let your legs stretched out with your hands above your head. Slowly getting out of bed, you tiptoe over to the bathroom as the cold tiles sending shivers down your spine, to take a warm shower. Putting on nice, comfortable clothes, you went straight to your kitchen to make breakfast.

"Leaving already?" you asked after seeing the members of the Akatsuki were packing up their stuff.

"We have to head back to the hideout to prepare ourselves for our next upcoming missions. In fact, it would be a lot safer for us, the Akatsuki and for you as well. We wouldn't want to risk your life for protecting us from the enemies." Kakuzu explained while packing his stuff.

"Yeah, if the enemies knew about you, they wouldn't hesitate on using you against us. We've caused enough trouble by staying at your house, we should be the one protecting you not the other way around." Sasori added as he put a hand on your shoulder, trying to reassure you that it will be alright.

"You could've stayed until breakfast though." You pouted and crossed your arms, trying to protest.

"Maybe another time, hm." Deidara pinched your cheek slightly and chuckled before moving to your front door.

"Ow!" you placed a hand on your burning cheek from Deidara's pinch as your gaze followed him through the doorway.

"See you later, [y/n]-chan!" Tobi then embraced you with a hug.

"Yeah, see you later, Tobi!" you replied back with a smile on your face and ruffled his spiky hair with your hand after breaking the hug.

You watched as the Akatsuki members exited your home and sighed as you brought your hands together to your chest.

"Kami-sama, please have mercy on them and protect them wherever they go."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

stay safe babes <33