23 ➠ 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐩 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐦

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆
mention of suicide, self-harm and triggering situations. skip if you don't feel comfortable of reading it.

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
one step away from freedom ❞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄❝ one step away from freedom ❞

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Ahh, such a tiring day!" Miki complained as she sat on a chair behind the counter.

"Yeah, it is." You quickly glance over at her direction before focusing your gaze back on the patient's list that was assigned to you.

"Got them all covered? Or do you need my help in anything?"

"No, thanks. I've got them all covered." You stated as you put the file back on the shelf.

"You know... you really helped a lot in here. I don't know what I'd do without you." She flashed her warm smile to you, observing you from her chair.

You looked over to her until your [e/c] orb met with her hazel ones.

"Happy to help." You said with a faint smile.

"Is it the end of your shift?"

"Yes. I'm gonna head home now. Is there anything you want me to do before I go back?" you asked while writing a prescription for your last patient of the day.

"It's okay. You've done enough for today."

"Okay then."

"See you tomorrow, [y/n]-san!"

You nodded and exited the building. As you walked down the pathway towards the main entrance, you took a glimpse of the old rusty sign on the left side of the gate that read 'Kusagakure Hospital'. For the past couple of months, this hospital is the place where you spent most of your time apart from your house. Although at first, you hated being inside a building filled with half-dead people and not to mention that there's blood everywhere, you have gotten used to it, the smell of antiseptic, saturation of alcohol and the mixture of body odor from the patients no longer seemed peculiar to you.

You strolled around the village enjoying the evening sky that was still aglow. It was such a pleasant day as the evening sun casted long shadows on the ground and the slanting rays of the setting sun gave a warm orange tinge to the sky. You felt like having a little walk in the cool evening air before heading home was all you need to clear your head, away from stress, away from all the work and exhaustion after spending so many hours at the hospital.

As you were walking around the village, the thoughts of Hidan came through your head. You've been subconsciously thinking about him constantly for the past couple of days and although you tried to push him completely from your mind, you can't seem to ignore all the thoughts that whirled through your head when it comes to him. Slowly, your mind began to wander back to the day where you and Hidan had a little war of words with each other a few weeks ago and to the part where Kumiko asked you to reopen your heart to learn to feel love again.

Losing Itachi was hard and it was the worst pain that you have ever felt because you knew that no one could ever be able to replace the emptiness that you felt ever since he's gone. At the same time, you doubted if you could still be able to love someone as deeply as the way you felt for Itachi. In fact, the idea of 'love' and 'losing' was enough to make you feel extremely agitated to the point where you were scared to open your heart and only for it to be broken all over again.

On top of that, you have come to realize that although you established a close relationship with all the Akatsuki members and surely you love them dearly as they were once your comrades and they helped you a lot during your hard times, you felt like there's this connection or feelings that you can never explain with Hidan and somehow it's different from the way you felt with the other members and even towards Deidara, the ones who are actually the closest to you apart from Itachi in the organization.

Why do I feel this way? Why can't I just be happy? I hate it here. I HATE my life!

With all the thoughts that were going through your head all at once right now, you felt a little dizzy and you squeezed your eyes shut to relax and ease your mind. You inhaled deeply and exhaled while opening your eyes to see that you've already stood on top of a cliff inside the forest and far beyond the village.

How... and when did I get here? You wondered.

You walked closer and stood on the edge of the cliff. You peered over to the edge and you could spot a rocky beach at the base of the cliff as the waves crash on the rocky banks far below and you know very well that with just one tiny slip, you could fall off the cliff and beat your brains out and that would be the end of you.

You closed your eyes as you brought your hands together to hold the necklace that hung around your neck.

Was this a sign? Itachi...

Without opening your eyes, you took a deep breath and took one step forward...

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.