02

───※ ·❆· ※───

Poppy's dorm was bigger this year, it was probably because she now had to share with five other girls, including her sister. The good thing for Poppy was that both Stella and her had a room each because they were second years (or because the headmistress knew it wouldn't be wise to make them share). 

Like her sister she had a few plants in her room, but only so she could still feel strong and connected to nature. She didn't go overboard like Terra did, Terra seemingly packed the amazon rainforest in her bag when her older sister wasn't looking. 

Poppy had finished her unpacking and was reading on the sofa when she heard the red head from earlier talking to Stella, she had zoned out from her book and was no longer interested so she decided to listen for a while.

"I thought the orientation party was a casual thing." Poppy felt for the girl when she heard the pure confusion in her voice. Since all the doors were open she had briefly heard that the red head was from a human family with a dormant fairy gene.

Poppy was still wearing her clothes from earlier, jeans with a pair of black leather ankle boots, a green tank top with a jacket on top. She was also wearing matching green underwear but nobody needed to know that. 

"It is." Ever the same Stella replied as if she was speaking to a child.

Poppy couldn't see the red heads face from where she was sitting but she presumed she was confused since it took a while to get used to Stella's ways, "So, a casual thing you're changing for?"

"People have seen me in this outfit already. They'll expect something different."

The red head scoffed with a light laugh, "People expect you to wear multiple outfits a day?"

"People expect me to care how I look." Stella bit back at the fairy who couldn't seem to take a hint.

Poppy felt protective of the first year now, Stella was being rude for no reason and whilst it was her personality, Poppy saw the look she gave the first year. But maybe it was just the overprotective sister instinct. 

"Don't mind the ice queen, she's not too friendly, quite frosty actually." Poppy spoke as she threw an arm over Bloom's shoulder, she was taller in her boots. In her head she was laughing at her small pun. The red headed girl looked startled until she saw the soft smile the brunette was offering her. In response to her words Stella rolled her eyes still checking herself out in the mirror.

"Rather be the Ice queen than a daisy loving hippie." Stella bit back at Poppy who still only smiled. 

"Maybe, but at least I don't have to buy my friends," Poppy shrugged still relaxed next to Bloom who was watching the exchange closely, she couldn't deny she felt safer with the brunette. Poppy gasped in mock shock and pouted jokingly, "was that too far?" 

Stella remained glaring before snapping her fingers making a small orb of light appear. Poppy remained unfazed but the red head seemed to be entranced.

Stella noticed they both hadn't moved and still watching her, "Something else?"

"That light, that's... magic." Bloom softly pointed to the glowing orb, continuing speaking, "How exactly do you..."

"I'm a mentor, not a tutor." Stella gestured to herself with a gross skirt as if it wasn't clear that she was talking about herself, "Look, this is something you'll learn on your first day in class, but fairy magic is linked to emotion. It could be good thoughts, could be bad. Love. Hatred. Fear. The stronger the emotion, the stronger the magic." Poppy could feel the red head nodding along since she was still under her arm. 

Bloom laughed softly before speaking, "So, do you...do you hate me or do you fear me?"