05

───※ ·❆· ※───

Poppy woke up with a tired smile, she had a free period in the morning so whilst Stella and the four first years were bustling around to get ready for school she walked around and laid on the sofa in a sports bra and shorts. 

"Oh, that outfit's so similar to yesterday's. Same designer?" Poppy barked out a laugh at what Musa said. Poppy wasn't quite sure how to feel about the mind fairy. On one hand she was really cool and nice but then she was kinda treating her sister like dirt (and not the nice dirt like soil).

Poppy propped herself up on her elbows and smirked from the sofa, calling out mockingly to Stella, "How's that walk of shame, frosty?" Musa smiled at that prod and sipped her coffee.

Stella ignored the brunette in her year and focused on the younger one and glared, "Do you know how I feel about that joke, or shall I tell you?" Musa squinted her eyes a little and Stella rounded on Poppy who was also sipping a coffee, "And you? Wearing a bra out in the open? I suppose decency isn't a thing with tree huggers?"

Poppy smiled in amusement and tapped her chin thinking, "Nah, I like skin on skin contact with trees, better connection. I'm sure you feel the same about certain things." Poppy winked as an angry blush covered Stella's cheeks. 

Sure Poppy still was still crushing on Sky, but she would never go after a guy who's taken. Also she had liked him for ages and it was clear now that he wasn't going to like her back, so she did what she usually does: pushed down her feelings and replaced them with playfulness covering up her emotional pain. 

"Where's Bloom?" Stella spoke again not looking at Poppy now.

Musa turned her head to the dorm which had shut doors, "Well, she had a rough night. Thanks to you."

Poppy snorted and muttered 'understatement' under her breath thinking about how freaked out Bloom had been when they had gotten back. Poppy did feel for the girl though, she had human parents and had never experienced anything like this. When they were younger, Sam and Poppy often snuck away to the first world to take part in all things human, like festivals and going to the movies so they knew all about the other world but to Bloom, this was all completely new.

"I didn't think those things were real, but we all saw. It was creepy as hell. It looked like it wanted to kill her." Musa carried on slightly analysing Stella. She could feel her annoyance and a small bit of worry, but what confused her was the smugness she was radiating every time she glanced at Poppy. 

Disregarding that Stella asked, "What about my ring?"

Bloom came out of her room in a black jumper and a ponytail that was hardly effective since all her hair remained in her face and looked down slightly, "That burned...burned thing took it."

"What?" Stella spat out not at all pleased that her ring was gone.

Musa rolled her eyes, sipping her drink, "Calm down, Princess."

"Yeah chill out, frosty. You see what I did there?" Poppy spoke as she got up off of the sofa and stood next to Bloom. In response to her pun she got an amused look from Musa but that was it, she shrugged and waved her hand, "Ah you loved it."