04

───※ ·❆· ※───

The 'party' (which was hardly even a party) was winding down now that it got closer to bed time. Oliver had just ran off to the boy from earlier and she shook her head when they lead each other away. 

Poppy took a moment to breathe and calm down because she didn't want to admit that she had actually had a good time at a school event, when she noticed her sister going up to Riven and a boy she presumed to be a first year.

Poppy and Riven had a complicated relationship. They used to be friends but then Riven thought he was gods gift to the world and decided he didn't want to hang out with the dorky earth fairy anymore. Of course it hurt at the time but she wasn't going to beg to be friends with a boy who clearly wasn't interested. They still had chats from time to time, just checking if they were okay but it never went beyond that.

Poppy watched leaning against the wall with her arms crossed as her younger sister stormed up to Riven and the boy, "Are you bullying the first years? Be more basic." Poppy smirked slightly and did an internal cheer when she saw Terra standing up for the boy. 

Riven placed his hands on the boys shoulders and moved him to the side as he faced the fuming girl with a smile, "I can't bully the willing, right?"

"I don't know what that means." The boy shook his head confused by that, still holding the glass. 

"Just ignore him. He thinks he's some badass. You should've seen him last year. He's just a tragic nerd in disguise." Terra said glancing in-between them with a disgusted look on her face.

"And she's just three people in disguise." Poppy was fed up now. She wasn't going to stand for her sister to be bullied so she pushed off of the wall and started towards the three who were starting to cause a scene. Riven just smirked at the rage in the bigger girls eyes and leant forward tilting his head mockingly. 

The first year boys eyes widened at that, "Whoa. Come on, man."

Terra shook her head slightly at the boy and raised her hand slightly to stop him from interjecting, "No, I've got this."

Poppy stood next to her sister and angrily glared at Riven who glanced at her before looking back to her sister, Terra began speaking, "People always think that they can treat the big girl like shit because we're... we're sweet, and we're harmless, and we should be happy that you're even talking to us." Terra did a fake smile and Riven scoffed, "But sometimes, we've had a really, really bad day, and some scrawny little arsehole says the wrong thing at the wrong time, and we're not happy you're talking to us, and we're not sweet, and most of all, we are not harmless." Terra finished her rant with her eyes glowing a vibrant green whilst moving her hands making the vines on the pillar wrap around Riven's neck tightly. He reached up to restrict them with his hands as he struggled to breathe.

People started crowding around as Riven gasped to get words out but Terra didn't look bothered, "Huh? Sorry?"

"What was that, Riv? I..." As Riven proceeded to get more red in the face he sent a pleading look to Poppy who was having an internal debate: help her sister and not interfere or prevent Riven from passing out. Poppy gently placed her hand in Terra's as she continued, "I'm sure it's really funny, but I can't quite hear it."