20

───※ ·❆· ※───

───※ ·❆· ※───

It had been just over a month since Rosalind took over. And things were different, very different. 

No one seemed to be talking about how Poppy and Oliver had disappeared for a time, at least not to their knowledge. Since speaking to Rosalind both fairies had stuck close to each other and told little about what had happened to them to anyone else. Of course her friends who had seen her taken away had asked and they knew, but the general population of the school had no clue. 

It was better now. At least without telling anyone anything the duo could sleep at night knowing Rosalind wasn't about to lock them up again. 

A shiver ran down Poppy's spine and she crossed her arms over her chest. A hand came to rest on her shoulder, she turned her head and gave Oli a thankful smile which he returned. After their time in the cell - as they were now calling it - their relationship had definitely changed. They were closer than before if that were even possible. 

Even her dorm mates had gotten used to Oli walking around in his underwear as he had practically a member of the Winx suite. He was an honorary member at least. 

They both winced as Bloom got shocked again. The energy fairy wasn't holding back as he continued to throw zap after zap at the fire fairy. Rosalind yelling about letting her emotions go or whatever. Poppy had learnt to block out her voice, especially after the supposed chat. Which in reality, was just Poppy and Oli being told what they couldn't do on campus. 

But the rules were abided by as they would both do anything to not end up in those cages again. 

"Hem, hem." A sickly sweet voice drew her attention from the grass and up to face the new headmistress. "Are we boring you, Poppy? Perhaps you would like a turn?" She gestured to where Bloom stood in front of all their classmates and the earth fairy shook her head. 

"No thanks, I'm more of a visual learner." She shrugged her shoulders to try and appear relaxed when in reality, having that vile woman's attention did nothing but unsettle her. Especially now that she knew she wasn't above harming students. 

Rosalind's gaze turned icy, but she remained her composure in front of the fairies. "Poppy, step into the circle. We all need practise here and there." The mocking statement wasn't lost on her so she shrugged off her jacket and handed it to Oli who was blank faced. In the few weeks they'd been released they had learned any emotional reaction was what Rosalind wanted. 

The earth fairy squeezed Bloom's hand as she passed and nodded to her younger sister who stood watching with a worried face. The fairy across from her, Adam, was known to be a bit of a prick. Poppy just didn't realise how much. 

"Now, like Bloom just attempted to do, I want you to defend yourself. Even go on the offensive. Whatever feels right to you, just feel." Rosalind watched her with a beady eye and it took all of her willpower to not tangle the old bat up in vines, that's what she wanted to do.