17

───※ ·❆· ※───

───※ ·· ※───

Poppy wasn't getting worse but nor was she getting better. Oliver had replaced Sky in holding her hand as he had been called away by Silva.

Her eyes felt heavy as she constantly blinked. Oliver dabbed away sweat from her forehead as it gathered never once leaving her side, he had already lost one family and he refused to lose this one. Poppy was his soulmate. It didn't have to be romantic (and with these two it never would) but they had an unprecedented connection that no one could fathom. It's a connection of minds and spirits between the earth and fire fairies, an unconditional love and a total understanding. It's about being yourself and knowing, not only that person is following and understanding your thoughts, but is right there with you, til the end of the line.

His soulmate was lying on a table bleeding, and there was nothing he could do but watch.

Headmistress Dowling approached rather hurriedly which made Oliver, Terra and Ben Harvey look up.

"If I may, I may have figured out a way to help Poppy," Dowling spoke and the three nodded not knowing what she was doing but she continued to speak as she placed plants around her body, forcing Oliver to move away and stand besides Terra, "I didn't realise it at first but Poppy has an indescribable connection to nature, she draws on its very essence and if she can do that now, reel in the life force from the plants then perhaps she could heal."

Dowling continued to grab plants and place them around Poppy who was confused at why the headmistress was buzzing around her head. Musa spoke hopeful, she had returned to Sam's side a moment ago and heard what the headmistress said, "Will that work for Sam?"

Dowling shook her head, "I'm afraid not, Sam and Poppy do not share the same power as all fairies are unique." Ben Harvey nodded and kept an eye on his sons wound.

Poppy felt tired, she wanted to sleep but no one would let her. Ms Dowling gently moved next to the girl and looked into her drowsy eyes, "Can you hear me, Poppy?" Poppy nodded as her gaze focused on the woman leaning over her, "Good. I want you to drain the plants of their energy," Poppy opened her mouth about to ask how but didn't get a word out as the woman carried on, "I know it's confusing but you must feel the nature surrounding you, feel it's energy, emotions and then you will heal."

Poppy nodded at her words and Dowling took some steps back. She lifted her hand weakly and rested it on the flowers by her hand. The plants were ready to sacrifice themselves, just like the woman said, she could feel them. They were peaceful now.

Poppy glanced up to Terra and Oliver who gave her nods and with the last of her current energy her eyes flashed verdant green, glowing brighter than any precious stone. Her fingers dug into the soil, not thinking about the dirt that was no doubt under her nail beds. Her eyes didn't dim as she rested her head back on the table.