Chapter 18

Happy reading :)

I woke up at nine, disoriented and confused. I knew it was Friday but what was I doing at home? I got up and immediately sat back down, damn head rush. I got up again and stumbled through the empty hallway.

"Hello?" I asked, my voice was hoarse and made me cringe, I definitely didn't have a sexy morning voice.

"Lydia, you up?" I heard Greg yell from downstairs.

I quickly went down the stairs to see Greg, he could tell me why I was still at home.

"Why am I not at school?" I asked, then looking down,  "And why am I still in my work clothes?"

"I wanted to let you sleep in," He smiled, "You fell asleep on the couch, I just took you up."

"Okay," I said still unable to process conversation, I was still groggy.

"When you wake up you'll understand," he chuckled, "You've been pulling shifts for Marcus all week so we wanted to let you rest."

"Okay," I said again, not yet fully concious. I wobbled up the stairs to get ready for a day of laziness.

When I was out of the shower and into sweats and a tank top I came downstairs. Greg was getting his keys and backpack.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I'm going out all day, won't be back until dinner," he said and shoved an apple in his mouth. It wasn't uncommon for him to go out all day without an explanation, I was used to it. But this was different, I would be home alone all day.

"So I'll be home alone until four?" I asked trying not to let the excitement in my voice creep out.

"Yeah," he said chewing.

"Well have fun," I smiled.

"Bye kiddo," He smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

When he had gone I didn't wait a second before texting Damon.

Home alone, come over :)

Fate was coming into play and I couldn't be happier. 

Ten minutes later Damon was at my front door. I knew he wouldn't have a problem skipping school, and since first period was over my brothers wouldn't suspect a thing.

"Did any of the neighbors see you?" I said once we had closed the door.

"No, I made sure," He smirked.

We looked at each other before he took me in his arms. His arms tightened around my waist and he buried his face in my bare neck.

"You smell good," He smiled against my skin making my heart flutter.

"Thank you," I smiled. He wasn't letting me go and that made me happy.

We broke apart and he took my hand. I led him to the couch in the living room. I went to the kitchen to bring us water. I would be nervous if didn't know there was no possible chance of anyone coming home. I  was, however, nervous about being alone with Damon. So much so that I took a little extra time in the kitchen.

"Lydia come here," Damon whined after watching my every move as I walked around the kitchen. I had changed so I was wearing yoga pants and a loose  gray shirt.

"Wait," I giggled at his impatience.

I turned back to the cupboard and as I reached up to grab a cup his arms grabbed me by the waist and brought me flush against his body.

"What did you say?" He growled in my ear. My heart thumped loudly, not because of the sudden shock but because of the little to no space between us.