Chapter 10

I'm really bad at spacing out updates, I just couldn't wait lol. Happy New Year!

I slowly walked towards Melvin, trying to lag it as much as possible. I stopped to play with the bushes and then I bent down to tie my shoelace. Melvin however was not amused.

"Lydia," He growled, annoyed in my attempt to avoid him. I quickly stood up and walked to him.

"Hey Melvin," I said nervously when I finally reached him.

"Lydia," He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"It's not a big deal, I just have to talk to Mr.Greenway and apologize and I'll be off the hook," I explained knowing already what he was there about.

"You shouldn't have gotten in trouble in the first place," He said angrily crossing his arms in that familiar 'You're in big trouble' stance.

"I know but I was filling in Lexi, she's still mad at you by the way, and you know Mr.Greenway has had it in for me since the beginning of the year, he had Greg all those years ago and he didn't exactly leave the best impression of the Tonellis," I rambled on and on.

"Lydia, that's not an excuse," He said unmoved by my speech.

"Well, then, um," I stuttered trying to think of an excuse, finally I got one, "All this coming from a guy who did this," I said pointing to my stitched lip as a last resort.

"Shut up," He laughed humorlessly, "You don't get to use that as an excuse,"

"Yeah well if this leaves a scar I'm using it until I'm thirty," I said and Melvin rolled his eyes. He suddenly stiffened and grabbed my arm pulling me behind him.

"Who's that guy?" He asked and looking at Alex who was staring intently at our exchange.

"Ria's boyfriend," I said coming out from behind Melvin, "He has a girlfriend,"

"Well he's either in love with you or has a staring problem," Melvin growled and I quickly stepped forward to diffuse the situation. I pushed him back and turned around, shooting Alex a look. He quickly turned his attention back to Ria and held her hand lovingly, clearly backing out of the pissing contest Melvin was trying to initiate.

"Can you stop being rude to my friends?" I pleaded.

"I don't like your friends, why don't you hang out with me? It'll be just like old times," He smirked devilishly.

"Melvin don't even go there," I said angrily, he was referring to the time in ninth grade where I was grounded for having a boyfriend and could only hang out with my brothers.

"Aww, don't get upset," He laughed.

"I'll see you at lunch Melvin," I said and pushed him to leave, unfortunately I wasn't sturdy enough to move him.

"Yeah and then Marcus is going to have to deal with you," He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't look so happy, I might not even show up," I snapped.

"Lunch," He said and walked away, eyeing me as he went. I walked back to Ria grimacing.

"What happened?" She asked concerned.

"Lexi and I got detention and my brothers found out so yay!" I said sarcastically.

"Good luck hon," She giggled.

"I gotta go, the bells going to ring," I sighed.

"I'll be with you at fourth period," Lexi said, "I'm here for you, we're both going to face your brothers' wrath together."