Chapter 22

Happy Reading :)

"What is he doing here with Lexi?" Marcus growled grabbing me and dragging me away from Greg.

"I don't know I swear! I'm just as confused as you are," I said frantically. I checked to make sure no one around could hear our conversation.

"Look at me!" He snapped when my eyes wandered, "I swear Lydia if this has something to do with you-"

"It doesn't I promise, I'll go grab Lex and we'll get out of here," I was incredibly grateful Marcus hadn't drank, drunk Marcus would be an entirely different story.

"I'm gonna beat the shit out of that kid I swear," He lunged forward but I grabbed him and pulled him back. He glared at me until I let go of his shirt, he straightened it out and faced me expectantly.

"Please, don't cause a scene I promise I won't talk to him!" I pleaded.

"Why am I having these problems with you Lydia? Huh? Do I need to tell Greg?" I could tell he was getting frustrated and I was getting more terrified by the second.

"Marcus we both know that would not be in anyone's benefit," I knew it was a low blow but it was a dire situation, if I had to threaten then so be it, "You have no proof besides your psychotic assumptions that I have done anything but text Damon."

"Really Lydia?"

"I'm serious, you have no reason to not trust me," The lies tasted bitter coming out of my mouth but every lie I told made the next one easier.

"Fine, go, but I better not see you two anywhere near each other," He reluctantly decided.

"Marcus get over here! You're my beer pong man!" Greg shouted, I guess he was over the whole Marcus not drinking thing.

"Okay Greg give me a sec!" Marcus shouted, he turned to me, it looked like he was about to say something but Greg's insistent yelling interrupted him

"Do I need to come over there?" He threatened.

"No!" Marcus yelled, "Go," He nodded at me.

"Thank you Marc," I sighed in relief and kissed his cheek.

I walked towards Lexi who had a frightened look on her face that I was sure mirrored mine.

I quickly glanced at Damon and what I saw made me never want to look away.

His dark hair was perfectly tousled in that 'I don't give a fuck but I secretly do' look, he was wearing a plain black shirt with dark jeans. His usual leather jacket was replaced with a gray hoodie.

He looked at me with hungry eyes and I knew he was thinking about the other night. I knew it because he was staring intently at my lips.

I snapped out of it so I wouldn't cause suspicion and grabbed Lexi, dragging her away into the house where we could talk.

"Lexi what the hell!" I hissed once we got out of earshot of everyone.

"I'm so sorry Lydia we were coming through the backyard because we thought you would all be inside," She said with wide eyes.

"Why were you , uh, even with him?" I asked, trying not to sound like a jealous bitch. I wasn't jealous, just genuinely curious.

"He didn't want to text you in case your brothers had your phone so he tried texting me but my phone is dead, so he drove over and told me about the party, we drove straight here," She explained.

"Oh okay, why is your phone dead? It's never dead," It was true, Lexi was always on top of her shit.

"Well I was with Jason today," She said with a sheepish smile.