Chapter 14

Wattpad deleted it but I rewrote it :)

"Lydia come here," Marcus' voice boomed from the table. It was solemn, it was clear my brothers were having a serious discussion about Damon. It was Marcus and Melvin at the head of the table and their friends on either side of them. I swallowed my fear and walked toward them, arm in arm with Lexi.

"You can go," I whispered to her.

"Ride or die Lyd," She just said, saying one of my favorite quotes, it was true, she was my ride or die.

"Bump it," I extended my fist and she tapped it, we giggled but as soon as we approached the table we sobered up. This was business, Lexi was my lawyer.

I sat at the other end of the table, Lexi faithfully by my side giving her best attorney look. Marcus dismissed his friends and they left giving me sympathetic looks.

"Where's Joe?" I asked, wondering where my younger brother was.

"He's still in class, he'll be here soon," Melvin said plainly.

"I'd rather not involve my little brother," I said calmly, it was a weird silence, I knew they wanted to blow up on me but knowing them they came up with some plan to ruin my life.

"Lydia, you remember how this happened the last time," Marcus spoke up finally.

"How could I forget," The memories of my ninth grade boyfriend were still fresh.

"Why did you lie, at the party why didn't you tell me about that Damon kid?" Marcus had obviously been informed by Melvin of my encounter with Damon at the party. The little rat.

"You were drunk, and it wasn't a big deal," I said, glaring at Melvin, he made sure to avoid eye contact.

"You could have told me the morning after, I already talked to Melvin and from what he tells me you manipulated him," Marcus growled.

"I did not manipulate him! I just told him the truth!" I shouted.

"So Damon, the biggest manwhore took you outside and didn't try anything on you," He said sarcastically.

"No he didn't! I knew you were going to react like this so I left, and then Ronnie came out of nowhere and overreacted."

"Oh I don't think he was overreacting," Melvin said under his breath.

"What so are we gonna keep dragging out the past or are we gonna talk about the problem here," I was frustrated that they were bringing up the party. I just wanted to hear what they were going to do about what happened today.

"Well if you had told me earlier I wouldn't be bringing this up! And you definitely wouldn't be anywhere near that low life," Marcus yelled. I was getting annoyed at his constant insults of Damon, he wasn't a bad person, just misunderstood.

"Can we just deal with this?" I huffed.

"Okay, you know we roughed Damon up, Melvin came and consulted me before he kicked his ass your welcome," He said as if I should be thanking him that Melvin came to him before killing Damon.

"Yeah, yeah," I waved my hand dismissively, I already knew this part.

"I don't want to know what you did with Damon-" He continued.

"But I didn't do anything!" I interrupted his speech.

"I said I don't want to know anything, all I need to know is that it won't be continuing," He said unfazed by my outburst, but visibly relaxed knowing that I didnt' do anything with Damon.

It pissed me off that I was held at a different standard than my brothers but I had lived with it for so long I was used to it. Anyway as soon as I turned eighteen I wasn't under their control, at least for the most part.