Chapter 1

*****Better version of this book exists on Amazon for free through KU unlimited, or for paperback purchase- so much love- Anna*****

Here's the link-Life of a Little Sister: Book One https://a.co/d/1eFMuk9

"Wake up Tesora, my treasure, wake up." My mother cooed, shaking me from my deep slumber.

"nnmnmgf," I responded incoherently.

"You'll be late Lydia!" She insisted.

"MMMMMMMMGMMM" I groaned.

"Ooh Lydia Isabella Tonelli! Testarda! Stubborn child!" She ranted; clearly annoyed at my attempt at enjoying the few seconds of sleep I had left.

"When your brothers try to wake you up that works, but the woman who gave birth to you!!!" She continued, "And let me tell you figlia it was not easy!" She walked out babbling childbirth stories that I was better off not hearing.

I finally got back to sleep when I heard someone walk in and sigh.

"Wake up Lydia, wake up pretty girl," My brother Greg said, gently shaking me. He was always nice about waking me up. The rest were horrible.

"I don't feel good." I croaked.

"Lydia, you've tried this a million times, it's not going to work." He said, as if talking to a child.

"That's not how you wake her, this is," My brother Melvin said and then jumped on top of me.

"Can't...Breathe... Please...Off." I choked out as Melvin squished me.

"Aw man, c'mon Melvin, get off her," Greg said, but left me to suffer.

"Get-off-me," I choked out between laughs and cries of pain.

"Only if you tell me how good looking I am," He states.

"Fine you're gorgeous!"I shouted.

"Aww thanks sis, you're too kind." He said and got off me. "But seriously get up, it's the second day of school."

"I'm being serious Melvin, I really don't feel good," I whined.

"Oh, well I think I'd better call Felix in then." He said and grinned viciously.

I was up and sprinting to the bathroom before he could blink. I didn't want to face the wrath of Felix, the oldest and meanest Tonelli.

"Thought so," Melvin chuckled and left my room.

Any time my parents were out of town Felix was in charge, and he didn't take shit from anyone, not even me. He doesn't go easy on any of us so we're always careful around him.

I showered and got out, brushed my teeth, and put mousse in my unruly hair. I went back to my room (we have 4 bathrooms). It was August, so I got out my most conservative shorts and tank top. I put on chucks, put some barely noticeable makeup and walked downstairs for breakfast.

"Good morning." My father said.

"Pancakes are on the table Lydia," Said my mother.

"Good morning daddy, mama," I said kissing their cheeks. "I'm not really hungry, thanks," still feeling unwell.

"What do you mean you're not hungry?" My mother asked and suddenly everyone in the kitchen froze. All 8 of the Tonelli clan froze and stared at me. Then all hell went loose.

"What did she say?"
"She's not hungry."
"What do you mean she's not hungry?"
"Is she joking?"
"Is she anorexic?"
"She does look a bit skinny."
"Why isn't she hungry?"
"Is she wearing makeup?"
"Does she want to starve?"
"Yeah I think that's makeup."
"Why isn't she eating?"
"Is it the flu?"
"Where the hell did she get makeup?"
"Does she look a little pale to you?"
"She better be wearing a jacket over that tank top."