Chapter 20

Happy reading :)

We laid on our backs facing up at the stars, our hands intertwined, listening to the sounds of each other breathing. He had given me his leather jacket and I was warm and wonderfully surrounded by his scent.

It was a cologne I couldn't quite put my finger on but it was amazing.

I couldn't help the giddy grin that took over my face since the second he kissed me. The grin had been on my face since then and even though I was next to him it still felt like a dream.

It felt like at any moment I would wake up to Melvin yelling at me to get dressed for school. The only thing tying me to reality was his hand in mine.

"What are you smiling about?" Damon asked me for the tenth time.

"You know what I'm smiling about," I said, still staring up at the stars.

"I wanna hear you say it," He turned over on his side, leaning on his elbow.

"I'm smiling about you," I turned and pressed my lips to his, I felt his smile under my lips and I pulled back.

"Now what are you smiling about?" I teased. 

"I've wanted to kiss you since that party," He admitted.

"Then do it," I challenged.

He smirked and lunged forward knocking me gently on my back. He trailed kisses along my jaw, and down my neck, I was in heaven. His lips left a trail of fire that was almost unbearable as his lips traveled up and down.

He was sucking and kissing and I couldn't help but gasp his name. I felt him smile against my skin but not for long as he crashed his lips to mine and by some instinct our lips moved in sync. My hands moved to his hair, the tousled dark brown hair felt soft under my hands. I could run my fingers through it all day if I wasn't distracted by his warm soft lips.

His hands traveled to my waist and pulled me closer to him. I was almost afraid his hands would stray, I wasn't at that point yet, but they never left their position.

I had thought before that I would feel the light scruff of his beard but I surprisingly didn't, I only felt his lips.

After a few minutes I got lightheaded and I could tell he did too because we both came up for air. I sat up and he did the same.

"That was," I breathed unable to finish my sentence.

"Yeah it was," He grinned. In that moment, in his arms, I was happy.

On the car ride home we held hands the entire time. The Weeknd's song earned it was playing again, I assumed Damon had played it again for a reason. The thought of him doing something even that small made my heart flutter.

I never knew he could have this kind of emotion in him, everyone talked about him such a negative way I never realized how he really was. He was right, you should never believe the rumors people make up because they're just that, rumors.

 I was so happy I couldn't wait to go back and tell Lexi all about it. I checked my phone and saw ten messages and three calls from Lexi. I scrolled further and saw texts from Marcus.

My heart began pounding in overdrive and I quickly dialed Lexi's number.

"Hello?"

"Lydia? Oh my god can you answer your phone! Marcus has been trying to get ahold of you and you're not picking up so he's texting me. If you don't hurry the hell up he'll suspect something and we're screwed."