Chapter 32

He grabbed me by the face and forced his lips on mine.

"Kiss me," He begged.

"Feel something," He pleaded.

I stood lifeless as his eyes glistened with unshed tears.

"I can't."

Maybe I should start from the beginning.

I could barely see through the red haze clouding my vision. My best friend betrayed me, the one person I told everything to betrayed me and made me look like an idiot.

"Marcus!" I screamed, not caring who heard me. I stormed into the living room and headed for Marcus, he was all the way across the room.

"Lydia?" Marcus looked up from his conversation.

"Marcus how could you!" I yelled.

"Lydia abassa la voce," He hissed, telling me to keep my voice down. I didn't care, I wanted the world to know what an asshole he was.

"Non dirmi che cosa fare!" Don't tell me what to do, I yelled back. I was sick and tired of him keeping me in the dark. I stalked towards him and immediately Brian and James got up and stood by his side.

"Oh how nice your body guards are here for you," Brian rolled his eyes and James remained stoic.

"Lydia control yourself," Marcus warned in a low voice. Around us people had turned to see the commotion. It was just a few friends but enough to encourage Marcus to keep me under control.

"I can't believe you kept this from me! My best friend didn't even tell me!" I charged at him and Brian quickly intercepted me, dragging me back by the arms. I struggled but he was too strong for me.

"Lydia what the fuck is wrong with you?" Marcus was barely containing his anger. James ordered the rest of the party to head outside and soon it was only the four of us.

"You know what I'm talking about, Ronnie. You guys were avoiding me a week after the party because you didn't want me to know. That's what you were hiding from me," It was all falling into place and each revelation was a shattering blow to my chest.

"Lydia I was protecting you," Marcus tried to explain calmly.

"Protecting me from what?"

"You know you aren't allowed to have a boyfriend so why is this such a problem?"

"That's not your call to make Marcus!" I tugged on Brian's grip but it was no use.

"It is my call," He said with fiery assurance, "I am your brother Lydia,"

"I am a person Marcus I can handle it myself,"

"Yeah you handled it pretty well that night when you punched a fucking potted plant and were crying your eyes out to Marcus,"

"I SAID I COULD HANDLE IT,"

"HE CALLED YOU A WHORE!" Marcus snapped. I didn't know why that ignited such a volt of anger in me. Maybe it was because I hated that term. Or maybe it was because my brother thought of it as a bigger insult than it should be, the fact that I had to be "pure" and what not. Or the fact that he didn't know the full story and I felt the need to protect Ronnie. Whatever the reason, unfortunately, the anger in me clouded my reason and spurred me to make a mistake.

"MAYBE HE CALLED ME A WHORE BECAUSE HE SAW ME WRAPPED AROUND DAMON RODRIGUEZ!" There was approximately a nanosecond between the moment Brian flung me behind him and Marcus lunged.

James was on him in a flash, pinning his arms behind his back while Marcus blazed with fury I had only seen once before on Felix. This was an image I would not soon forget.