Chapter 8

Happy holidays :) 

"Take her to the emergency room. Now," My father demanded suddenly alarmed. He came up to me and put his hands around my face examining the wound. I brushed his hands off but winced.

"What do we do dad?" Joseph asked panicked.

"I will go distract your mother, she cannot know about this, Felix I want you and Greg to take her to the hospital now, Marcus and Melvin go get her ice and a towel for her lip, and Leo and Joseph, you two are helping me distract Maria." My father gave us instructions and within a matter of minutes I had changed into pants and a t-shirt and was whisked out the door to the car by Greg, Felix had already started the car.

"Maybe Greg should drive," I suggested lightly, my voice muffled by the towel.

"Why?" Felix asked through gritted teeth.

"Because you have really bad road rage man," Greg admitted after an awkward silence.

"Don't be childish," He said and pulled out of the driveway. A car sped by us and Felix honked, "WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING ASSHOLE!"

"Felix," I groaned, and immediately hissed from the pain.

"Lydia you need to get to the hospital, like it or not I'm driving," He said and floored it all the way to the hospital.

*Waiting Room*

"Do you know your blood type?" Greg asked me, I gave him a look, "Okay, I'll just write unknown."

"Do you smoke?" He asked, continuing the questionnaire.

"Greg." I said removing the towel from my face to glare more effectively.

"Okay, I'll check that as a maybe," He laughed and I put the towel back to my face.

"Have you drank alcohol in the past 24 hours?" He asked, both Felix and him lifted their heads and stared intently at me, clearly trying to find out if I drank at the party.

"What time is it?" I pretended to wonder.

"Lydia!" They both hissed, buying my act.

"Kidding," I laughed and winced simultaneously. I didn't think me consuming alcohol the previous night had anything to do with my lip so I chose not to let the truth slip through.

"Are you pregnant?" Greg asked.

"Yes, I'm 3 months along," I joked.

"Don't even joke about that stuff Lydia," Felix scolded but Greg cracked a smile. Felix was group chatting the family minus mom, keeping everyone updated. Let me tell you the Tonelli Freakout isn't any less effective over phone.

"Okay I think you should fill out the rest." Greg suddenly said uncomfortably.

"What? Greg I'll bleed on the form," I said from under the bloody towel.

"Fine," He sighed reluctantly, "When was your last hmhmh,"

"My last what?" I asked confused.

"Your last HHmmhmm,"

"My what?" I asked again.

"Your p-" He started but didn't finish.

"My time of the month?" I said, putting him out of his misery.

"Yes," He sighed uncomfortably, Felix had become shifty too.

"You guys are such babies," I rolled my eyes and grabbed the form, filling out the rest of it, "Here, give this to the desk lady."