Chapter 26

Happy Reading :)

It was October third and I was extremely conflicted. I was a mix between sad and excited.

On one hand, it was October third, anyone who has ever seen Mean Girls understands the weight of what that means, on the other hand it was the day my family was leaving for Italy.

So I was understandably conflicted.

We were in the airport saying saying bye to the better half of my family. Aunt Rosa was due to arrive that day as well but we didn't know when.

"My baby," My mother latched on to me and was squeezing the life out of me, "If you have any problems I will get on the next flight out here capire? Understand?"

"Yes mama," I said like the obedient little daughter I was.

"You hear me?" She turned to give my brothers a death glare, "If you give her any trouble I will skin you alive, now come here and kiss your mother,"

My brothers mumbled their love and stood behind me avoiding all the mush while I hugged Felix, Leo, and Greg.

"Listen to your Aunt Rosa, she may not be much but she's family," My father said sternly, "And don't worry about the restaurant, Emanuel is taking over but Marcus I want you there once a week to check on things,"

"Yes Papa," Marcus nodded. Emanuel was a family friend my father trusted dearly and was our restaurant's chef.

"Be good, behave yourself, your brothers have full authority over you remember that," Felix said and I turned to look at my grinning brothers.

"Oh god," I muttered and hugged Felix a last time.

"Yeah don't do anything stupid sorellina," Greg hugged me tightly and kissed my cheek. I was gonna miss him the most. Of course I loved all my brothers equally but Greg would always be the big brother who defended me from the mean ones.

Thankfully he never found out about Ronnie and my brothers tried desperately to avoid me for a whole week after until I forgot about it.

"I won't," I said not letting go of him until he pulled me off chuckling.

"Love you baby girl," He squished my cheeks and I pushed him off.

"Yeah and no boyfriend business got it? Yeah I know about that guy, the one with the eye patch," Leo said jokingly, it was probably easier for him to think of my love life as a joke rather than face the reality, "Really though guys keep an eye on her,"

"We will," Melvin assured him.

"Hey Leo," Marcus pulled Leo aside out of earshot of Felix and my parents, "Do you think maybe you could lend me your ID?"

"Not a fucking chance in hell," Leo growled and smacked Marcus on the head, "What are you thinking?"

"Okay, okay, a no would have been fine too," Marcus said rubbing his head.

Everyone said the last of the goodbyes and my mom made it with only a few tears, my dad cleared his throat a few times but was sober.

We waved them off until they had passed security, it was weird being on the other side of the farewell.

"Okay kids, get back to the car," Marcus grinned devilishly as we walked out of the airport.

"Stop, don't even try that," Joseph said pushing Marcus.

"What? Hey I'm in charge so you'll do as I say young man," Marcus said getting Joseph in a headlock, the two struggled and I rolled my eyes.

"Really guys? They've been gone two minutes and you're already fighting," I groaned and Melvin slung an arm around me.