Chapter 31

"Hide the bottles under here and bring the dj stand outside, I don't want people going upstairs so move that there," Marcus was in full host mode as he directed James and Brian where to put various things.

"Marcus what should I do?" I asked before he had the chance to yell at me for standing around.

"You should go upstairs and not come back down until morning," He snapped and went back to ordering people around.

"Haha, very funny," I smiled sarcastically and he ruffled my hair.

I walked back upstairs to my room and sat on my bed. I checked my phone and was disappointed to see I had no texts or calls.

I laid back and covered my face with my hands, frustrated, when my phone suddenly vibrated. I quickly answered not even looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Hey Lydia!" Lexi's voice came through the line.

"Oh it's just you," I sighed dissapointed. I hadn't talked to Damon since he told me he wanted to tell my brothers.

"Oh wow, thanks. My so called best friend is so-"

"I didn't mean it that way!" I laughed half-heartedly, "I was just expecting someone else,"

"He still hasn't called?" She asked knowing who I was talking about.

"No," My voice trembled as I fought back those annoying tears that were bound to make an appearance.

"I'm coming over now," Lexi said quickly and I hung up the phone.

I was so grateful to have a friend who was willing to drop everything and run to my aid when I was hurt. I would undoubtedly do the same for her and I knew she knew that.

Ten minutes later I heard her docs stomping up my stairs and smiled.

"Hey," I hugged her and she pulled back inspecting my face.

"No tears," I assured her with a smile.

"Good. Are you mad that he hasn't called?" She settled herself onto my bed and I sat next to her.

"No, I'm disappointed and a little relieved,"

"Why so?"

"Well I'm disappointed because I want to talk to him, I don't want him to be mad at me, and I'm relieved because I don't have anything to say to him," It felt good to lay out all my thoughts.

"You haven't made up your mind yet?" She questioned.

"Lexi what is there to make up?" My voice was getting louder, I couldn't help feeling frustrated, "I have no choice, I can't tell my brothers Lexi you know that!"

"I know," She said softly.

"I can't tell my brothers, I'll lose every ounce of trust and respect they've ever had for me," The lump in my throat grew but I fought it.

"It's a shitty situation Lydia, I know," She put an arm around me and rubbed my shoulder.

"If I do I'm screwed, if I don't I'm screwed. It's a lose lose situation, I just wish he understood that,"

"Maybe he will understand," Lexi said optimistically.

"If I don't tell my brothers I'll lose him Lexi, I know I will. He said he could deal with going back to being my secret boy toy but I know him, I know he can't go back to that. He hasn't talked to me in two days, I think he wants me to call him. He's probably expecting me to call him and tell him that I've decided to tell my brothers."