Chapter 24

Happy Reading :)
(props to lLeondfox for the edit)

"Fix up her hand," Melvin ordered Lexi, shutting the door. I felt helpless, silent tears ran down my face, I didn't understand why I was so emotional, it was like the pain of my hand and the betrayal of Ronnie were mixed into one.

"Aye aye captain," She muttered under her breath. She rummaged through the drawers and cabinets until she found a first aid kit.

"I'm fine, it's just a little cut," I said, my voice wavered as I tried in vain to control my annoying tears.

Lexi ran my hand under cold water and applied pressure. Once the blood slowed she wrapped it up with gauze. She taped up my hand while Melvin rubbed my back soothingly. He wiped my tears away with a tissue and shook his head.

"Why are you crying, you're a Tonelli, Tonelli's don't cry," He scolded.

That was his way of comforting me, he never understood how to handle a girl but I couldn't blame him, I was his only sister and when we were young he didn't really notice I was a girl.

"Lexi I need to talk to Lydia alone okay?" Melvin said to Lexi.

"Yeah that's fine," She agreed eyeing him reluctantly.

"Thanks," Melvin smiled charmingly and Lexi rolled her eyes at him.

"I'll be outside okay babe, if you need anything I'm here," Lexi said and hugged me tightly, "I'll tell D you're okay," She whispered in my ear so only I could hear.

As soon as she left Melvin hugged me, I buried my face in his chest and he stroked my head.

"What happened?" He said siting me down on the toilet, the lid was down.

"Nothing," I sniffed looking away. He kneeled in front of me and turned me to face him.

"Look this is obviously more than your hand Lydia," He put his hands on my shoulders.

"It's fine," I waved him off.

"I'm dead serious what the hell happened," He asked. I knew he wouldn't let up so I answered him.

"I p-punched a p-plant," I said shakily, I could barely control my own voice.

"You what?" He tried to control a laugh but failed horribly, I couldn't help but laugh along miserably.

"Yeah, it shattered too," I sniffed and he handed me a tissue.

"Why?" Melvin asked once he regained composure.

"Because I was mad," I said quietly.

"So someone did something," He suggested, trying to put the pieces together.

"No one did anything," I mumbled, I didn't want to be there I shouldn't even have gone to the party.

"Who pissed you off? Who's ass am I kicking?" His voice became sharper than it was and when I looked up he was angry.

"Can you please just let this go?" I pleaded.

"Lydia if you don't tell me right now so help me god-"

"Someone called me something," Was all I could manage before the tears started coming again. I felt so powerless being affected by a word but that word coming from someone I trusted was horrible.

"Who, Lydia I need names!" Melvin was getting frustrated, he had stood up and was pacing angrily.

"I can't tell you!" I stopped crying, I pulled myself together because I knew if I was gonna keep Ronnie or Damon out of this I had to be strong enough to calm Melvin.