Chapter 28 (had to reupload

Happy reading :)

It had been a week since my family had left, and it was hell. Marcus was drunk on power and was using his promotion to oldest brother to boss us around.

He was becoming specifically insufferable towards me, as if he was compensating for Felix Leo and Greg's absence.

"You're going to have to stay afterschool for an hour, we have practice," Marcus said when we pulled into school.

"Really Marcus," I groaned. This was the third time this week their soccer coach kept Marcus and Melvin after school.

"Yes really, now let's go." He pushed me forward and we walked toward our group.

Familiar faces greeted us except for David. He stuck out like a sore thumb. Ronnie's replacement. At the thought of Ronnie, I scanned campus until I saw Ronnie in the distance leaning against a tree.

It hurt seeing him alone. As angry as I was for what he called me, how badly he disrespected me, I couldn't help feeling incredibly guilty. Guilty that I had dragged him into something that caused him to lose all his friends.

No one would take in to the 'Tonelli Reject'. Everyone had heard about the party, and everyone knew Ronnie was out of the good graces of the Tonelli's. This was all my fault. If I hadn't been wrapped around Damon that night Ronnie would have never seen us and-

"Lydia!" Marcus snapped, "Are your ears working?"

"What?" I hadn't heard his several attempts to get my focus.

"I said meet me at snack by my locker," he ordered, and stomped off, flanked by his cronies James and Brian.

"What's up his ass?" I wondered out loud, he was acting like a tyrant.

Melvin snorted, "Lydia just walk, the bell rang while you were day dreaming."

"Fine." We walked towards English class. The class I happened to have with both him and Damon.

"I have to turn this in to the attendance office," he said, holding a paper that I assumed was soccer game related.

"Aye aye captain." I saluted Melvin and he smacked the side of my head. Before I could swing my own hand at his head, he was dodging and laughing evilly through the crowd.

I walked towards the door to English, the halls were almost completely empty. Before I could make it to the door I felt a set of warm hands pulling me away and pushing me up against a locker.

"Hey." Damon's breathed in my ear, my eyes closed on instinct.

"Hey." My voice was a whisper.

"Good morning," he grinned against my neck. I felt goosebumps rising where he trailed his lips.

"Damon someone could see," I hissed, Melvin could return from the office at any moment.

"You worry too much." His voice vibrated above my collarbone.

I pulled his face up to mine, my hands on either side of his face, and kissed him.

I pulled back after a few seconds, and when he leaned in to kiss me again, I turned my face. His lips hit my cheek and he chuckled.

I faced him again and he leaned in to kiss me again. I turned my face and he growled, "Lydia."

"Damon." I raised a brow, a challenge.

Before he could lean in again, I gripped his face, kissed his cheek, and slipped out of his hands.

"I don't think you worry enough Rodriguez," I winked and walked into class.

"You're gonna pay for teasing me Tonelli."

My cheeks heated and I couldn't help the grin that spread on my face. I covered my face as I walked into class and waited for Damon to walk in after me.

"Miss. Tonelli, so nice of you to join us." Mrs. Ray's sarcastic voice boomed from the front of the classroom as I took my seat. I gave her my sweetest smile, I couldn't afford to move classes again.

"Do you happen to know where your brother is?" She said, exasperated.

"He was turning something in to the attendance office ma'am, he should be back soon," I said through gritted teeth.

Did I mention I didn't get along with teachers?

"Sure."

"Mr. Rodriguez late again, are we?"

"As always." He flashed her a winning smile. He didn't seem to get along with authority figures either.

"Can we begin the class or am I going to get interrupted again?"

The phone rang, "Mrs. Ray's class student speaking. Okay, I'll let her know."

The student walked up to Mrs. Ray and spoke to her quietly. Mrs. Ray sighed and dismissed the student.

"I guess we'll be beginning class with only one Tonelli this morning."

She began explaining a project that we would have to complete next week.

I glanced at Damon and he was already looking at me with a smirk on his face. For once Melvin wasn't sitting in the middle, blocking my view of Damon.

"No divide up into your groups of four, Damon please come to Lydia's group and fill in for Melvin." I froze, was this a dream?

"Hello partner." Damon slipped into the chair next to me.

"So, when can everyone meet?" The girl in our group asked.

"I can do after school today," I said.

"Can everyone do that?" She asked, there was one other boy in our group who nodded.

"I can do that," Damon leaned back in his chair, slipping his hand under the table to rest on my thigh.

"What's our subject?"

From then on, the group spoke about the stupid English project. All I could focus on was Damon's hand on my thigh. I couldn't tell if his hand was hot or my body was slowly being lit on fire from his touch.

"Lyd," Damon murmured and pulled his hand away. I almost whined but choked on it as I saw Melvin walk through the door.

"Hey Melv," I coughed when he came by. He rolled his eyes at me and turned his attention to Damon.

"What's up man." Melvin said solemnly and gave Damon the slappy boy handshake.

What? Since when was Melvin even remotely okay with Damon? If I recall correctly, the boys were both foaming at the mouth after finding out I had even texted him.

"Lyd can I talk to you for a sec?" Melvin asked.

I felt the familiar prickle of anxiety overwhelming me, I gulped, "Sure."

I walked with him outside the classroom, Mrs. Ray was too busy grading papers to notice us slip out.

"I walk in, and you just happen to be in a group with Damon?" His voice was not as accusatory as I expected.

"Mrs. Ray put him in our group because you weren't here," I was rambling, "I swear I had nothing to do with it."

He searched my face for a sign I was lying. After a long moment he sighed, "I believe you."

"You do?" I was stunned.

I was not expecting Melvin to give in so easily, to take my word for it. It was always a fight, always him calling Marcus, always him trying to 'kick someone's ass'.

"I don't have the energy to hate every guy you come into contact with. I trust you on this one Lydia, make me regret it." 

I am actually the worlds biggest idiot and deleted this chapter as I was trying to edit it like 8 years later.

FML

Anna <3