Chapter 6

"No I'm okay, she'll be here soon so I have to go get ready." I said.

"Don't forget that dinner tonight at six, dress nicely." She said sternly, she knew I would love to "forget" about the dinner.

"Okay, Ma, I'll see you later." I said and walked up the stairs, ignoring my brothers, still lounging on the couch watching Tv. As I climbed the stairs I texted Lexi to come, I walked into my room to get ready.

I put my hair in a pony tail, still straight from last night, and put on my black leggings that came up mid calf. I put on a white t-shirt and a grey jacket, I was in no mood for colors. I put on my flip flops and grabbed my bag, stuffing my phone and wallet in it as I walked down the stairs.

Before I could get out the door I ran into Felix.

"Woah, woah, woah, where are you going in such a hurry?" He asked.

"Starbucks with Lex," I muttered trying to get past him.

"Who said you could go?" He asked startled at my harsh tone.

"Ma," I answered, not looking him in the eye.

"What time are you gonna be back?" He demanded.

"I don't know, I'll be back before dinner." I said.

"That long?" He questioned, I was getting annoyed, I was about to flip when Marcus spoke up.

"I would leave her alone if I were you Felix, she's PMSing." He shouted from the living room.

"Ughhhhhhh!!" I groaned and pushed past Felix, running out the door to Lexi's waiting car.

"Lexi can I put myself up for adoption?" I asked her seriously.

"Sounds like someone had a fun day," She chuckled and sped off.

*Starbucks*

"I don't want to go to this stupid dinner," I said as I sipped my frappuccino.

"I know Lydia, it sucks." Lexi sympathized, sipping her passion fruit tea.

"And are they really that serious that she needs to meet his family?" I continued my rant.

"Yeah that's a little weird," She said nodding her head.

"How long have they even been dating?" I mused.

"I don't know Lydia," Lexi said, being the good friend that she was she just let me talk myself out.

"And why do I have to be there? Do you remember Melvin's girl from the all girls school?" I asked.

"The one with the extensions?" Lexi replied.

"Yeah that one, when she came over I nearly tore her extensions out of her head, do you remember that?" I said getting animated.

"Yeah that was when we were all going to Jake's party over summer and he wanted us to meet her then." She confirmed.

"Yeah and the bitch had the audacity to snitch on me when she saw me talking to Luke. I don't think he goes to our school anymore after what they did to him." I continued.

"Poor Luke," Lexi whispered.

"I know. I really don't understand why I'm being forced to eat dinner with this girl." I sighed.

"Well maybe she won't be that bad," She suggested optimistically.

"It's not just that Lexi, even if she's an angel I don't want my brothers to date anyone," I said.

"Why not?" She asked, already knowing the answer but she knew if I said it out loud I might feel better.

"Because I feel like they'll love their girlfriends more than they love me. They'll start not having time for me anymore and will stop caring about what I do. I just don't want them to forget about me as soon as they get a girlfriend," I explained sadly.