Chapter Thirty

The next morning, Maddie walked into the Great Hall with all of their friends already there. She sat herself right next to James, as usual. 

    "Someone is in a good mood," Roxanne teased. 

    "It's a good day to be in a good mood, plus this is our last week until the Holiday break." 

    "Am I still allowed to come over?" Maddie suddenly asked James. 

    "Well why not?" James frowned. 

    "Because.. well we've been friends every other time."

    "Ah so the date went well," Roxanne smiled. 

    "The what!?" Fred exclaimed, suddenly interested in the conversation. 

    "Oh dear brother, don't you know? Maddie and James are finally together," Roxanne said. 

    "I can't believe my ears! It has been a long five years, I must know every detail," Fred poked. 

    "What's going on?" Chasity asked while walking to the table and sliding next to Fred. 

    "Maddie and James are in love."

    "We all know that Fred," Chasity replied. 

    "No, they know they are in love. Like a couple."

     Chasity's eyes grew wide and she smiled, clasping her hands dramatically. 

     "I need to know everything," Chasity shouted. 

    "Well I don't know. We kissed, we said we loved each other, we danced," Maddie went through the list causing the three around her to frown. 

    "Okay guys, I'll tell it," James stepped in, "so after I beat the shit out of Matthew-,"

     "You didn't beat the shit out of him, you simply knocked him to the ground," Maddie interrupted. 

    "Right, right. So Matthew runs away all scared, then Maddie just yells at me and runs out of the hall. Of course, being the hero I am, I followed her-,"

    "More like a pesky mosquito," Maddie added. 

    "Do you want to tell the story?" James asked. 

    "No, no. Carry on," Maddie smiled, having fun teasing him but enjoying the comfort of holding his hand at the same time.

    "So I follow her outside where she's crying and it's pouring. We have an argument, blah blah blah, confess our undying love to each other, then make out in the rain and go to bed." 

    "That wasn't too great of a description either," Chasity groaned, but ate up the story anyways. 

    The passing week flew by fast and all four of them were more than ready to do their annual sleepover at the Potter's on New Years. 

    "James, Maddie!" Harry greeted them, looking at his children, then greeting Albus and Lily as well. 

    "So are we gonna talk about you and James?" Albus whispered to Maddie.

    "Absolutely not," Maddie whispered back, but the two laughed.