Chapter Thirty-Four

The yearly Christmas Eve celebration at Molly's was something the Weasleys and Potters were excited for year round. When the Potters got to the burrow, the house was already packed with joyful banter and laughter. Molly gave each of her grandkids a big hug, commenting on their height or what not. She smiled wide when she saw the blonde that accompanied the Potter family. 

    "Maddie! It's so nice to see you again this Christmas," she wrapped Maddie into an big hug, "god what are they feeding you at Hogwarts, you're tiny, go on in and make you a plate!"

    The small burrow was filled up in every room, not a single person without their famous Weasley sweater on. Well, all but Maddie. She glanced around, trying to ignore the tang of jealousy that struck her when she saw how much this family truly loved each other. 

    "Mad, are you okay?" James whispered, noticing that something was off about her. 

    "Yeah, yeah, Im okay," she answered, giving him a weak smile and trying to brush it off. 

     It wasn't too long until the whole Potter/Weasley family was there. Around dark, the kids were called inside from their annual quidditch game, though it had started to slightly snow and most of them were shivering.

     "C'mon you lot! It's time for presents," Ron yelled from the door, standing next to George, who was watching the kids reminiscing. 

    As they all rushed inside, James grabbed Maddie's hand, pulling her to a stop. 

    "What?" Maddie asked, looking at James nervously. "You'll get us caught."

    "Just come over here." James walked over to the quidditch shed, dragging her behind it, away from anyone's vision. 

   "James what's wrong?" Maddie asked nervously.

    "Nothing, I've just wanted to kiss you since I've gotten here, so I figured now would be the perfect time since you have snowflakes all in your eyelashes and hair." 

    Maddie smiled at that, standing on her tip toes to reach James lips, pulling him down by the collar of his shirt. The two collided together, their lips bringing warmth in the cold Christmas night. He pushed her body against the shed wall, adding more warm friction between their bodies, before pulling away and tucking a stand of her blonde hair behind her ear. 

    "We better get back," Maddie said quietly, but she gazed at her best friend with love in her eyes  the whole way back to the burrow. 

    "Took you guys long enough," Roxy whispered, rolling her eyes. 

    "James and Maddie snogged in the snow," Fred snickered, causing Roxanne to push her brother and James smile proudly. 

    "Keep up with that behavior and we will do way worse on your bed," Maddie commented back, causing Fred to fake gag. 

    The burrow somehow got even louder as presents were passed out, the kids, and even the adults excited. 

    From George, all of  the kids received a box full of his favorite tricks and pranks from Weasley's Wizard Wheezes. Ron and Hermione gifted them coupons and such for stores. Molly walked around, passing her poorly wrapped sweaters to everyone. 

   Maddie looked away, trying not to make it awkward, when she felt a tap on her shoulder. Molly dropped a present in her lap, and Maddie's face lit up, jumping up and hugging Molly. 

    "Thank you! Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!" Maddie squealed, holding her present close. Quickly, she unwrapped it and stared in glory at the sweater. It was carefully knit in a soft blue pattern and a gray M was in the center. She showed t off  to Molly and James, both of them smiling at her. 

    Maddie swiftly threw on her hand knit sweater, smiling and feeling so at home. 

    "Oh you look so beautiful!" Molly yelled and James nodded his head in agreement, the rest of the burrow watching her proudly. 

    The rest of the presents were handed out and the room was scattered with wrapping paper and full bellies. 

    "Alright Potters, let's head out," Harry said, trying to gather the rest of his family to go home. 

    "We will call you guys tomorrow, Merry Christmas Eve!"