Chapter Sixteen

James stomach dropped when Maddie came in, all giddy and announcing her and Oliver were dating. Boyfriend and Girlfriend to be exact. With a shaking fist, his dorm door closed, leaving the rest of the Gryffindor common room to talk to Maddie excitedly.

    "What's wrong with James?" Maddie asked, a concern expression plastered on her face. Roxanne and Fred shared a knowing glance at each other before Roxy spoke up. 

     "Had an awfully long day, drank too much butter beer."

     "Oh I should go check on him-," Maddie started, but Roxanne assured her it was fine, and dragged her on the couch to talk about her new boyfriend. 

    The next day, James wasn't out in the common room waiting for Maddie like normal Sundays. She furrowed her brow and went towards his door, but heard whispering and rustling around. She was ready to knock, until she heard Alice's voice. 

    Maddie's eats turned night red, and she felt angry. Not sure why, she left the common room, needing to blow off steam. What in the hell? Why does she even care who James gets busy with?

    "Hey, just the girl I was looking for," Oliver smiles as he sees Maddie, who looks angry, but from her height it's not all too intimidating.

     "I cant-,"

(A/N: HI SO, IM APOLOGIZING IN ADVANCE. I, myself identify as a bisexual. The term I am about to use, is a slur towards the lbtq+ and I myself do not want to say it nor think it is right to say. That being said, I am putting it in my book for a brief moment. I do not think it is right, and if there is a problem, I will take it out, let me know! :) )

     "Faggot." 

    Maddie's head turned fast, an angry  expression quickly spreading over her face, much more upset than her face before. Her eyes found a fourth year Slytherin, spitting on someone. 

   "Hey what the fuck?" Maddie yelled, the boy turning towards her and a slight sense of fear glimmered in his eyes at the thought of being caught by someone older. 

   Maddie stepped closer, then saw who was on the ground, a small cut on his lip, and no other then Albus on the floor. When Albus saw her, he turned away, seeming shameful. 

    "Maddie calm down, it's okay," Oliver started trying to calm her down.

    "Mind your own business," the other boy sneered, seeming to have gain his confidence back. 

     "This is my business, what the fuck are you doing to him?" Maddie snarled.

    "Maddie it's okay!" Oliver shouted, trying to calm her down but Maddie glared at him.

     "What gives? Fuck-," the boy looks startled when she comes closer, him realizing it was Maddie Amourette, friends with the Potters.

    "He deserves it, he's a fag," the boy quickly spoke up, starting to lose confidence in his words. Maddie took one look at the guy, and punched him straight in the face. 

    "Get out," Maddie growled, feeling the adrenaline bursting through her veins.

     The fourth year laid on the floor, covering his eye and whimpering in pain. Maddie turned to Albus, who wouldn't meet her eyes. Oliver stood in the corner, in shock and processing what just happened. 

    "Amourette. Clark. Potter. Watts. Office. Now," Mcgonagall harshly yelled.

    After a stern yelling about harassing younger students, the story was explained from the point of view of the Slytherin bully, and Oliver was released out of the office for being but a bystander.

    "She just came and attacked me! For no reason ma'am," the boy started, his name being Stephen Clark.

    "Silence Clark. I know when someone is lying straight to my face. Amourette, care to explain what envoked you to strike Mr. Clark?"

    "He was harassing Albus. I was only doing what anyone would do if they saw their little brother being spat on and called names. I know I reacted with anger, but I'm not sorry." 

    "Very well, Clark, Amourtte, detention, both of you."

    "But Proffesor- I didn't say anything that wasn't true!"

    "Clark. Two weeks for you. Amourette, one week."

   Stephen left her office in a hurry, Albus following suit. Maddie went to follow him, but Proffesor Mcgonagall called her name.

    "Yes Proffesor?"

     "You do understand I have to punish you," she started, "even if I do not agree that ones actions are wrong."

    "Yes Proffesor," Maddie smiled, before scrambling out into the halls. 

    "Albus, are you alright?" Albus looked up at Maddie, small tears in his eyes.

    "I'm sorry..." Maddie quickly hugged him, asking him why. 

    "Because... he's right." Maddie smiled at Albus and hugged him tighter.

     "Albus, you're no one but you. No one has the right to call you that. Or to out you like that, I'm sorry he did that, but you're just being you. There is nothing wrong with that. I meant what I said in there, I was just protecting my little brother. You're still my brother Albus, blood or not, gay or not." Albus eyes began to swell with tears, wrapping himself tighter in her arms before drying his face. 

   "So, Scorpious?" Maddie asked while laughing, which cause Albus to laugh and nod his head.