Chapter Ten

Once the four got back from their trip, their summer ended faster than they realized. James and Maddie spent their last two weeks inseparable, as always. When the day came to return to Hogwarts, Maddie couldn't stop thanking the Potters for their endless giving. 

    "You be good, don't forget to eat and owl us if you need anything," Ginny told Maddie, who felt warm inside from the comfort of having a family to love her. 

    "And keep James out of you trouble, come around for the holidays this year Maddie," Harry chipped in before kissing the top of his daughters head and ushering Lily off, who ran onto the train with some friends. 

    James talked to his mom a bit, (he was a momma's boy rather he could would admit it or not, though so was Albus). Maddie found herself talking to Albus and his best friend Scorpious, the two have becoming very close over the summer. Maddie considered Albus like a younger brother, and Albus loved Maddie and her endless kindness.

    Even the shy Albus grew to like Maddie, as she talked to Albus and his friends over the summer. Maddie had became far from the shy girl she was once. Finding themselves back on the train, and then to Hogwarts, everyone noticed the difference. She attracted people all around her, and teachers adored her.

    Unfortunately with her looks, she gained lots of unwanted attention, which she was too oblivious to notice and most of the time James scared them off, just with the look in his eyes. He flirted with her endlessly, and she would flirt back a bit, but shut him down every time.

     "James Sirius Potter," the tired blonde shrieked from across the common room.

     "It's like music to my ears," James joked, before turning around and looking down to an angry Maddie, "yes my love?"

   "Shut your mouth James. Why the hell have my teachers told me you are my "reserved partner" all year?" 

    "Ahah," James chuckled nervously and scratched the back of his head, "you see, I need help. I'm awfully dumb. And you're terribly smart. Cant have you giving anyone else As. I just need you're help."

    "James Potter I know you're not an idiot and I'm not you're tutor. Merlin you get on my nerves, if you as well as get us anything less O, you're dead meat."

   "A feisty one, isn't she?" Fred giggled before Maddie sent a pillow flying his way with a tip of her wand.

     Just after dinner, the boys had found themselves in the common room throwing around a Quaffle and taking about nonsense, meanwhile Maddie, Roxanne, and their friend Riley Smithens were gathered in the Great Hall, studying for a test.

     "Uhm, hi, can I see Maddie?" Oliver asked her, who was in the middle of the group not paying attention to her surroundings and goofing off. 

     "Pssst, Maddie," Roxanne elbowed her.

     "Oh hey Oliver," Maddie smiled at him. He smiled back, a sense of nervousness shaking his whole body before asking her again.

    "Of course, be back guys," Maddie nodded off to her friends.

     The two began catching up on the first few weeks of school, Oliver standing just an inch taller then James, she noticed. His sandy brown hair fell into soft curls and freckles littered his sculpted face under the moon light. His green tie was perfectly tied i'm place, barely a wrinkle in his shirt. He looked nearly perfect in nearly every aspect.

     "It's getting awfully late, the moons already out," Maddie rambled on. Oliver nodded, his soft broken eyes on the stars, but Maddie watched Oliver.