Chapter Fifteen

Things seemed to piece itself back together again after that night. In what seemed like no time at all, Maddie and James were inseparable, just as before.

     "Come on, wake up," James whispered.

     "Shhh it's not time," Maddie whispered back. 

      "How come you never cuddle me anymore?" James whined.

      "You smell bad," Madde giggled from under her sheets. 

       James made a fake sad face before wrapping his arms around Maddie and holding her in the air to get her out of her bed. James laughed as she squealed and yelled, her face turning pink while giggling, until there was a knock on the door.

    Oliver walked in and looked at the two, James putting her down and leaving space between the two. 

    "Hey, I was wondering if I could talk to you," Oliver asked Maddie, and she nodded her head silently. James made a quick eye contact with her before leaving the room, all in silence.

     "Hey."

     "Hey."

     "So, uhm I was just wondering if you'd like to go to Hogsmeade with me, tonight? I know it's awfully last minute, but-" Oliver started, his eyes darting around the room in a nervous manner. 

    "Of course Oli. I'd love to," she assured him, grabbing his hand and squeezing it. 

     "Oh great! I mean that's just great, I'll come get you around four, thank you," Oliver laughed before leaving. 

    "What was that about?" James asked minutes after Oliver left.

     "Asked me to Hogsmeade," Maddie giggled, causing James to bite the inside of his mouth. 

     "That's fun, are you guys a thing?" James asked, but Maddie shrugged her shoulders. James released a small breath, one he didn't know he was holding in and nodded his head.

    "Now out you go Jamie boy, find Freddie," Maddie whistled, going through her closet. James groaned, but trudged out of his room. 

    Fred was busy with one of his friends. James was planning on spending the day with Maddie, to try and make up for the tear that he could still feel in their relationship. One that he created. 

    Aggravated and slightly disappointed, James threw himself into bed. His head spun with thoughts. About Maddie. It was getting harder by the day to see her with someone else. They were farther apart then before Oliver took her. He couldn't flirt, touch her in anyway. Oliver took his girl and he can't do a damn thing about it. 

    James considered telling Oliver to back off in the beginning, like he'd done to other guys before, back before Oliver. But when Maddie smiled, and giggled, talked about him with a big smile on her face, James couldn't. He was so confused. He couldn't hurt her or take away her smile, but seeing someone else make her smile like that, it was breaking him. 

     He could see her face in head, all the time. Her eyes. Her eyes showed every bit of her, when they were soft and gentle, or electric with excitement. They were a shade of blue that James swore he had never seen before, as cheesy as it was. Her lips were always turnt up, even when she was sad. They were perfect and pink, his mind wandered to how they felt on his a lot lately. She had light freckles, ones that you can only see if you really looked at her, up and close. They littered her face and looked like stars. 

    "Shut. Up. James." He told himself, begging himself to get Maddie out of his head. But all he could think about was her, how she was his sun. She was his sun, James whole reason for laughing and existing. She looked like the stars themself put her together. And she was stuck with Oliver.

     Knock, Knock. Maddie opened her door with a bright smile on her face. Oliver smiled, holding a single red rose in his hands, a silk maroon shirt on, and nice pants. 

     "You look amazing," Oliver stated, his eyes all over her. She wore a white skirt with a white turtle neck and a black and white crocheted sweater, gold jewelry on her neck. 

     "Thank you," Maddie smiled, her eyes on her feet at the compliment. The two found themself at Hogsmeade once again, just like their trip a little over a month ago. With snow falling in, the two found themself into a warm tavern and had dinner, enjoying their time. 

    "So, Maddie?" Oliver spoke up as they were walking though the snow. 

    "Yes Oli?"

     "I love hanging out with you. I-, well I lo, I like you. A lot. Will you be my girlfriend?" 

      Maddie looked at James, her eyes bright. Oliver smiled at her, who was smiling at him. 

      "Yes. Yes Oliver," Maddie smiled, grabbing him close and kissing him.