Chapter Eight

It didn't take long for them to invite friends over, which was mostly cousins but a few non-family friends as well.

Much to Roxanne's disproval, people brought their own food and drinks.

Soon enough, it was dark outside and with that, the party had started.

Guests appeared, though magic of course, and music played.

James laid spread out on the couch, a red cup in his hand that smelled so strong his nose burned.

"My first kiss..." he drug out, as if trying to remember, "that muggleborn. what's her name? hmmm. brown hair..."

"No one cares," Fred hiccuped.

"Let's do truth or dare," someone said, catching the intoxicated teens attention.

Maddie had found herself talking to a half blood with dusty brown hair and cute freckles named Oliver, one of her old friends that had seemed to gain a special interest into her.

"Truth or dare, my darling?" James asked, even though his hand was around some girls waist.

"Truth," an even more intoxicated Maddie answered. Maddie didn't drink nearly as much as her friends, but when she did, she drank to get wasted.

"Who was your first kiss?" James inquired, making slobbery kissed into the air.

"No never"

"Wait you've never had a first kiss?" James spoke up, an idea coming to mind. Maddie nodded, not seeming to care.

"Awh no one was interested in my little boy, well Ive got a plan," James laughed, chugged the bottle of beer Fred had in his hand and spinning it.

In a perfect world, the bottle would have landed on some hot girl. But no it landed on Fred.

"Sorry Freddie boy, but we're cousins" James giggled, spinning it again and it landed on some blonde guy. James shrugged his shoulder and pecked his lips on the guy, who laughed and shoved him off.

Someone threw Maddie the bottle, and she spun it, landing right on her friend Oliver, who smiled.

Maddie took no time in crawling right over, and just pecked him, which had everyone cheering. Except for James. Which was strange for he had set the whole thing up.

He watched his best friend lean over to some boy, a Slytherin Quidditch player, that's who, and watched as her hair fell to the sides and her lips smiled as she pressed them against him. Suddenly he didn't feel happy, he felt like he wanted to throw up, or a punch that dude. But instead, he grabbed Alice Longbottom, who had been eyeing him all night and started snogging her, too drunk to care who was watching.

James shoved her off at some point, though Alice just looked happy to have gotten James and he stumbled around the kitchen, finding Fred.

"Shit man, she's gotten so hot," Alan Tottoman commented, though James had no clue who it was about.

"For sure man, she's killer," another guy commented.

Most of the night after that was a blur.