Chapter Thirty-Two

The smell of alcohol stung Maddie's noise in a less appetizing way. Her eyes opened and she groaned as they took in the mess she was in. She was asleep, on the couch, with her body wrapped around James. Several people she didn't recognize lay on the floor, them too drunk to leave last night, so the Potters had offered a safe place for them to stay for the night.

    "Maddie?" James asked through half opened eyes. 

    "It's a mess in here," she whispered back, wincing at the plates and cups trashed around, confetti on the ground and things hanging on the chandelier. 

    "It always is," James answered, struggling to stay awake. 

    Carefully, Maddie tiptoed out of the living room, smiling as she saw Roxanne already awake and using her wand to clean up the mess in the kitchen, all while sipping on her coffee. 

    "Oh thank god, it is such a mess," Maddie whispered, taking a sip from Roxannes mug before making a sour face and spitting it into the kitchen sink. "How can you drink it like that Roxanne? It's awful."

    Roxanne shrugged in response and took another sip from her black coffee, letting the warm liquid go down her throat. 

    "I'll make breakfast for everyone, you get them up and start up some time of clean up crew," Maddie said as she looked in the refrigerator. In half an hour, the scent of sweet pancakes roamed through the house, causing everyone to gather in the kitchen. Piles of pancakes laid in the center of the kitchen, along with eggs, bacon, and fruit. A jug of orange juice sat on the kitchen counter as people came and made their plates, enjoying the feeling of warm food in their stomach before leaving the Potter household. 

     Soon enough, it was only Albus, James, Lily, Maddie, Roxanne, Freddie, and Chasity in the house. The group quickly made their way to the rest of the house, cleaning up the house and freshening everything up. 

    "I thought we would never finish," Lily groaned, throwing herself onto the couch. 

    "Agreed," James groaned, slouching onto a comfortable chair. 

    "I am sure we can all agree," Maddie said, "but I feel disgusting so I'm going to shower all do this out and off of me."

     Maddie made her way upstairs, grabbing two warm towels to bring with her before she heard familiar footsteps. 

    "Shower, without me?"  James asked, grinning innocently. 

     "Yes, without you," Maddie rolled her eyes but smiled back at James, giving him a quick peck on his lips. 

    "That's not very nice ma'am," James replied. 

    "What's not nice? Me?" Maddie asked dramatically, wrapping her arms around James and kissing him deeply. Her hands found a safe place in his hair, and she tugged on his bottom lip gently. James brought his hands to her body, one on her hip and the other on her ass. James began to deepen the kiss before Maddie completely stopped. 

    "Gotta shower now James," Maddie said smiling at him. 

    "Oh you tease," James smirked, dragging her into the bathroom.