Chapter Five

"Oh my god they're asleep," Fred hissed, which was followed by a shush from Roxanne.

"I thought they'd never stop going for each other's neck," Victoria whispered.

"They're so in love," Teddy whispered, intertwining his hand with his beautiful girl who was driving.

Hours pass, and the six arrive at a perfect little cottage, right on the beach, about a mile away from the cute town.

"This is not the ty-" James starts, before getting abruptly elbowed in the rib cage by Roxanne.

"This is so cute," she speaks up, her and Maddie looking outside the windows.

"This will be fun," Fred agrees, laughing at James who is holding his rib cage and groaning.

"Now get off you dramatic bastard," Teddy joked, poking his little cousin in the sides and helping them get their stuff out of the car, which is more of a very nice 80s hippie van.

The kids ran to the house, claiming rooms and what not, being all excited,

"Well me and Vic will be back to check on y'all sometime in the week, here's the rules," Teddy started, making them all 'oooo' since the couple aren't staying at the cottage with them, though they knew why.

"No sex. No alcohol. And no drugs."

"And no hurting Maddie, she's my favorite cousin," Victoria giggled, but that comment made Maddie's heart feel warm.

With that, the two were off, and the four knew it was time to get in trouble. They had collected a lot of money to go and do things for this week, so of course this was a big deal to them.

"It's nearly six," Roxanne starts, "let's just order pizza for tonight. Get set up and all, fun starts tomorrow."

"Boring."

"Fine."

Maddie sat her bags down in her room, a beautiful room with a large mirror and cupboards, along with a large white bed and plants hanging from the ceiling. Without a second thought, she changed into her bathing suit and smiled, running to Roxanne who was on the phone ordering pizza.

"I'm going swimming," Maddie yelled, catching the boys attention who were sitting on the couch.

"Shiii," Fred started, taking notice of Maddie's now grown up body.

"Yes let's go swimming," James interrupted, not noticing a single thing.

With that, the three ran out into the very cold, smart water, a very annoyed Roxanne following.

When the pizza finally arrived, it was dark out and Fred was determined to make a fire, but Maddie just waved her wand that she had tucked into her bathing suit bottoms and the campfire lit.

"Right yeah... totally didn't forget we're wizards..." Fred joked, making them all giggle.

Maddie bit into a slice of the greasy pizza, nearly burning the roof of her mouth but it didn't matter. There was absolutely nothing like being hungry after swimming. Her body felt warm as the fire spit in front of her, her skin slightly glowing from the heat. Light freckles littered her cheeks and her hair was in between wet and drying, left with long crisp, salty waves falling down her back.

James watch as she laughed as what was probably her own joked, and smiled, enjoying the moment with his best friends. He dug his feet into the sand, enjoying the cooling feeling and grabbing another piece of pizza.

Once the fire died down, Roxanne used her wand to put the fire out, and the four made their way inside, showering to get the salt and sand off of them, just getting clean and ready for bed in a way.

Roxanne found herself in her silk pink pajama bottoms and top, her curls drying and she brushed them into a low pony tail.

Fred walked out of his room, on the phone with Lloyd Jordan, the son of Lee Jordan, one of his dads' friends from Hogwarts. He was going on and on about how he wanted to do something new with his hair, and Fred chuckled at the idea. quickly agreeing before hanging up. He walked into the living room smiling, as always. His long red and yellow plaid pants draped his lean frame as he went to rummage though what ended up being an empty fridge, which was very disappointing for him.

Maddie walked out next, having taken a shower after Roxanne, since they shared a bathroom. Her hair was dripping and she wore a short white cami, not wanting to deal with the heat of the summer, and her blue cotton shorts. Her hair was drying into waves and her face felt warm from a slight sunburn, and her eyelids felt a relaxed type of heavy, but she found her lips stayed in a small smile.

Lastly, James walked out of the shower, taking his sweet time. His hair was dripping wet despite the fact he obviously ran it through a towel, as it was already a mess, slight curls interrupting the ends of his hair. He wore a white tshirts with navy blue flannel pants, something the boys must have bought together.

The four sat on the couch, sprawled in different directions, Maddie laying on top of Roxanne, forcing Rox to cuddle her.

They talked and laughed, turning on the tv till each of them eventually drifted off on the couch.