Chapter Thirty-Five

Christmas morning sprung upon the Potter home in what felt like a few minutes, rather than several hours. Little red head Lily sprung from her bed, waking up Maddie, shaking her and throwing her blankets off.

"Wake up! Wake up! It's Christmas morning! It's time for presents!" Lily squealed while the blonde groggily woke up but smiled at her.

"Okay, okay, go wake up your parents and we can start on presents," Maddie told her.

Lily rushed into her parents room, waking up Harry and Ginny in the same giddy matter she woke Maddie up in.

Maddie quietly knocked on James door before peaking in. James laid in his bed, sleeping peacefully in his Christmas flannel pants and no shirt. She smiled fondly at the sight before jumping onto the bed and screaming "Merry Christmas!"

"Oh my merlin," James groaned, "It's 5 in the morning Maddie." Nonetheless, James slightly smiled at her and wrapped her in a hug before the two went to wake up Albus as well, who wasn't as happy to be woken up.

"Good morning everyone!" Lily exclaimed, eating a left over cookie from the night before. "It's time for presents!"

The tired Potter family excitedly passed out presents from under their tree.

A neatly wrapped box labeled 'Handle with Care, Love, Harry and Ginny' was passed to Maddie. As the box said, she carefully unwrapped it and her tears began to swell when she saw a beautiful glass ornament with her name and decorations inside it.

"Thank you guys so much!"

"Of course dear, go on, put in on the tree," Ginny nodded. Maddie gently placed her ornament on a branch. She couldn't help but feel that her heart was so full with love. This Christmas she truly became apart of a family again. First, with the sweater, now with the Potter ornament tradition.

Maddie handed Albus a soft green long sleeve turtle neck with matching plant pants and a coupon to Brews and Stews in hope he would take Scorpius with him. Lily received a pair of earrings and a necklace Maddie knew she had wanted since last Christmas.

Overall, the kids and parents were very happy with their Christmas. Each of them, even Lily, got new quidditch brooms and attire from Harry and Ginny. The kids saved up from cheesy mugs from Honeydukes and a 'date night coupon' for their parents.

Suddenly, James disappeared from the room and came back holding a small box. Everyone in the room smiled and buzzed with excitement, except for Maddie who looked at James confused.

The box seemed to almost move when James put it in Maddies lap.

"I'm scared to open it," she admitted, giggling nervously.

"Just onen it!" Albus shouted.

When she lifted the box, a tiny pink pygmypuff jumped into her arms. Maddie's eyes went wide and she smiled.

"I know you were really sad when Niblets passed away third year, so I figured it was time you got a little buddy again."

With the little ball of fluff in her hands, she hopped up from the ground and wrapped him in a hug.

"Thank you so much James," Maddie shouted, before whispering in his ear, "I love you James."

After all of the presents, Harry and Ginny started on Christmas morning breakfast.

"Hey James, can you come here?" Maddie called from the hallway.

"What's up?" Maddie took out a small box from behind her, just small enough to fit in her hands.

"Merry Christmas," Maddie smiled putting it in his hands. With the box in his hands, she gently pressed on the top of it, the box opening up and a small hologram playing, showing their first kiss, them dancing, then sleeping in bed at different times, along with other memories they had together.

"It's beautiful," James whispered, watching the memories.

"It took some extra classes and time after school, but I hope it came out okay," Maddie rants nervously.

"No, I love it. It's the best present I have ever gotten," James replied, wrapping her into a hug and kissing her forehead. "I got you this too, but it seems pretty lame now."

He handed her a small gold necklaces, with a 'J+M' embedded into it.

"Are you kidding me? It's perfect, and you gave me Pip too!"

"So that's what you're name her? Pip?" James laughed. "God bless the kids you have to name one day."

"Shut up and put the necklace on me," Maddie replied, giggling as well.

"I meant our kids, by the way," James whispered in her ear. Maddie felt her skin become flush and she looked at him.

"Don't move so fast Potter," Maddie playfully replied before the two met with the rest of the family at breakfast.