10-Rogers

Vote, like, comment.

Steve and I watched the split screens as they showed Bucky in his cell

Steve and I watched the split screens as they showed Bucky in his cell. "Hey, you wanna see something cool?" My dad asked steve. He carried on "I pulled something from Dad's archives. Felt timely." He showed steve two pens from from 1941.

"Some would say it brought our country closer to war." Steve raised an eyebrow."See? if not for these you wouldn't be here." My dad smirked."I'm trying to, what do you call it? An olive branch. Is that what you call it?" He asked.

"Is pepper here? I didn't see her." Steve asked. I looked to the ground. My dad looked at me and then back at Steve
"We're kinda...well, not kinda" My dad stuttered. "pregnant?" Steve asked. "No. Definitely not. We're taking a break" My dad explained.

I looked up at my dad. "It's nobody's fault." He defended.
"I'm so sorry, Tony. I didn't know." Steve apologised.
"A few years ago, I almost lost her, so I trashed all my suits. Then, we had the mop up HYDRA and then Ultron. My fault. And then, and then, and then, I never stopped. Because the truth is I don't wanna stop. I don't wanna lose her." My dad explained.

"Dad you don't have to talk about this-" I explained as I came and sat next to him. "I'm sorry honey-" he said. I could see he looked vulnerable. "Dad-" I sighed. "I thought maybe the Accords could split the difference." He explained hopelessly as he stood up. It wasn't like him to act like this.
"I'm sorry Dad, I'm so sorry I had no idea-" I began looking to the floor.

"It's fine Rose." He replied as he put a hand on my shoulder.
"In her defense, I'm a handful." He sighed. "To be fair, though. That's an understatement." I chuckled. "Don't push your luck kiddo." He rolled his eyes. Steve smiled at me.

my dad went on to talk about his mom and dad's relationship and how they somehow made it work.
Steve said to him "I'm glad Howard got married. I only knew him when he was young and single." "Oh really? You two knew each other? He never mentioned that. Maybe only a thousand times. God, I hated you." My dad said.

"I don't mean to make things difficult." steve frowned. "I know because you're a very polite person." My dad responded. "If I see a situation pointed south...I can't ignore it. Sometimes I wish I could." Steve told him. I kept my head down and didn't wanna get involved.

"No you don't." My dad said. Steve smiled and looked at the floor, "No, I don't." It went on like this for a while. But at one point, my dad said "If you sign, Barnes will get transferred to an American psych-center instead of a Wakandan prison."

That wasn't fair but I kept my mouth shut. I didn't wanna stress them out even more. I saw Steve pick up one of my grandfather's pens. He was hesitant. I didn't want him to give up after everything that happened. "You're just not gonna tell him about Wanda then?" I asked my dad my dad.

"Thanks Rose. Yeah...if you want I'd file a motion get you and Wanda reinstated." My dad told steve. "Wanda? What about Wanda?" Steve asked. I kept my head down.
"She's fine, she's confined to the compound, currently. Vision's keeping her company." My dad explained.

I knew that if I wasn't okay with it, Rogers definitely wouldn't be. Steve looked away in anger "Oh, god, Tony-"
"-i told you." I shrugged at my dad. "Every time I think you see things the right way-" Steve yelled. "It's 100 acres with a lap pool, it's a got a screening room. There's worse ways to protect people." My dad interrupted.

"Protection? Is that how you see this? This is protection? It's internment Tony." Steve yelled. "She's not a US citizen." My dad shouted."Don't even think about going there," i spat.
"You're a child Zan you don't understand this!" My dad yelled. "Oh, come on tony." Steve said cutting him off.

"They don't grant visas to weapons of mass destruction." My dad yelled. "She's a kid." Steve yelled."Gimme a break!" My dad yelled. My dad tried to excuse himself. He tried to make himself seem as if he was doing the right thing. It wasn't fair. She deserved better. Everyone went to a different room to watch Barnes do what he needed to do. I stayed with steve and put my headphones in. Steve told me Buck wouldn't have wanted me seeing that.