28-Tony.

Vote, like comment

My dad opened the package, there was a letter in there from Steve, it read.

"Tony, I'm glad you're back at the compound. I don't like the idea of you rattling around a mansion by yourself. We all need family. The avengers are yours. Maybe more so than mine.

I've been on my own since I was 18. I never really fit in anywhere, even in the army. My faith's in people, I guess. Individuals. And I'm happy to say that, did the most part they haven't let me down. Which is why I can't let them down either. Locks can be replaced, but maybe they shouldn't.

I know I hurt you, Tony. I guess I thought by not telling you about your parents I was sparing you, but I can see now that I was really sparing myself. And I'm sorry. Hopefully one day you can understand.

I never meant to hurt Rosanna, I'm sorry it felt like I was taking her away from you, I know how much she cares about Buck, but we all know she loves you more than anything. She's always reassured me that her dad was her hero and I'm hope you can see that all she wanted was peace.

I'm sorry for hurting her, you know how much she means to me and I don't want you to forget that I would've died before I let anyone hurt her. But, in saying that, I have realised that I ended up hurting her myself.

I wish we agreed on the Accords. I really do. I know you're doing what you believe in, and that's all any of us can do. That's all any of us should.

So no matter what. I promise you if you need us, if you need me. I'll be there.

Steve."