Chapter 1

"MUM ! Can you help me with this last box ?" I yelled down the stairs. "Yeah i'm coming now." She yelled back up. I was moving away from the life i loved here in England for a new life over is Belleville, New Jersey.

I piled the rest of my albums into this box and taped it up as my mum walked in. "I'll take that, and make sure you're out at the car in ten minutes." My mum said rubbing my head.

"Okay mum.." I said. I was sat on my knees, looking around the room, i grew up here. I had memories and i was leaving it all behind.

I grabbed my bag and slung it over my shoulders, shutting the door before i left my bedroom. I took one final look before i walks out of the house and sat in the car.

I saw my mum lock the door and left them in the mailbox. She walked over and put her bag in the back and sat in the drivers seat. "Okay you have everything." She asked.

"Yep, let's go." I said in a fake excited voice. She started the car and we made our way to the airport. The drive was long and tiring but luckily we stopped for some mcdonald's on the way.

We pulled into the car park and parked the car. "Okay, let's do this ?" My mum said grabbing my hand. "Let's do this.." I said squeezing my mum's hand.

We got out and grabbed our bags, we had to wait a while to get through terminal security and once it was done we cashed all our money in for dollars and we sat waiting for our plane.

'Everyone boarding plane 5 can now board'

Me and my mum walked towards the plane hand in hand.

*Time skip to First day in New jersey*

We landed approximately 12 hours ago, we had already unpacked everything because my mum wouldn't let us rest until we had. I trudged upstairs once i had finished unpacking the last box and went into my new room.

I couldn't wait till we could go to the DIY store to get paint and hooks so i could decorate this room. My albums lay in the corner collecting dust.

"Goodnight sweetie" My mum said popping her head through the door. "Night mum." I said turning to face the wall.

I couldn't sleep so i grabbed my laptop and some snacks i had bought earlier and watched some netflix. After about 5 episodes of friends, i switched my laptop off and fell asleep. Tomorrow was my first day at belleville high and i was dreading it.

I was awoken by the heavy pitter patter of rain, so i stayed awake for the rest of the night just staring out of the window, watching as the odd car drove past.

Light started to creep across the horizon so i got up and grabbed a towel and went into the bathroom. I shrugged my pyjamas off and stepped into the shower washing my hair and body.

I stood there for abit because school started in about 3 hours. I got out turning it off and wrapped my hair in the towel. I walked back into my room and put my hair into two french plaits.

I put on a pair of black trainer socks, Fishnet tights, red and black plaid skirt that fell just above my knees, a oversized Misfits tee tucked in and a leather jacket with some black Doc Martens.

I put abit of eyeliner on and smudged it, i then grabbed my bag and walked down the stairs and met with a note from my mum. Hey Y/N, i'm gonna be gone for a few months for work, there is enough money i left for groceries and there is enough food there to last a while. Don't Get into any trouble.
Mum xx

Of course, she's always on a work trip so i was left on my own a lot. I skipped breakfast so i had enough time to search for the school. I left the house and locked it behind me sliding he key into my pocket.

I walked around for a while before i fell across the school. I walked into the office. "Hi, my name is Y/N L/N, i'm new" I said to the lady sat infront of the computer. "Oh yes, here is your timetable and locker number. Have fun" She said sending a sweet smile my way.

I walked off counting each of the lockers until i found mine. I opened it and there was books for each of my lessons in there. I looked at my time table and i had Art, English, Biology, Maths, Chemistry, Free period, Gym. I grabbed my art book and English book and shut my locker.

I walked around trying to find my art classroom, when i bumped into a blonde haired girl and her posse. "Ugh watch where you're going scum bag. Girls, pounce." She said as her friends started to kick me and me.

I curled up as one of their feet attached with my stomach, then uncurled when another foot connected with my face. "HEY !! BITCH FACE !! LEAVE THE NEW GIRL ALONE" I looked up with blurry vision when i saw a group of about 4 or 5 running towards me.

The girls ran off and a boy with jet black hair kneeled infront of me leaning me against a wall. "Hey ? You okay ? How many fingers am i holding up ?" He said holding up 2 fingers.

"Ummm 4 ?" I said trying to focus my vision. "Frank go get a first aider." I saw one of them run off as i sat there with this black haired boy.

"You're gone be okay" He said "I'm Gerard way" He said holding me by the shoulder.

"I'm Y/N L/N." I said waving at him. I heard him chuckle when frank came back with a teacher.

"Okay Gerard can you carry her to my office please ?" I heard someone say. "Yeah" He said before picking me up bridal style and we walked across the courtyard into an office.

I was placed on a bed and i had a light flashed into my eyes and a few butterfly strips placed on my cuts on my face. "I'll take her home" Gerard said as he picked me up again. "No... i can't go home.... my mum isn't there she left this morning. for work" I said trying to get back on the bed.

"I'll take you to my place then. Mikey gimme the key" Gerard said as a boy with straight brown hair chucked him the key.

He drove me back to his place, and carrie dome inside and taking me up to his room. "I'm gonna go get some medical stuff, i'll be back" He said before leaving and coming back with a box.

He rested it next to me and took out some pain relief. "You may have a headache so take these" He passed me a cup of water and two tablets and i swallowed them.

He cleaned my wounds and returned the box to its original place. He came back and handed me some of his clothes to change into. They smelt like cigarettes and coffee. He left the room and i put them on.

"I'm done." I said and he entered again. "Wow.. you look better in my clothes than i do" He chuckled.

"Thanks" I said looking down and playing with the hem of the shirt.

"Where are you from ?" He asked sitting next to me on the bed. "Oh i'm from H/T (Hometown)" I said

"Oh that's cool" He said smiling at me.

————————————————————————

Total Words: 1298