6 - T-Zoned

It felt as though the entire hall was holding its breath as we waited for the Goblet of Fire to do its thing.

Susan and Hannah were either side of me squeezing my hands.

"You've got this, Cece," Susan whispered in my ear.

"The goblet would be a fool not to pick you," Hannah spoke into my other.

Durmstrang and Beauxbatons champions had already been announced, and now we were finally awaiting to hear who the goblet deemed fit to represent Hogwarts.

My stomach lurched in excitement as the goblet spat a piece of paper out.

"The Hogwarts champion is," Dumbledore announced, pausing for dramatic effect, "CECILIA DIGGORY!"

"Oh. My. Fucking. God!" I screamed as my words were luckily drowned out by Susan and Hannah's high pitched, ear piercing squeals.

The entirety of the Hufflepuff table had gotten to their feet in excitement; all of us jumping around and throwing hats and napkins and whatever else crazy shit into the air.

Fanning my eyes as I made my way across the hall, I could hear my fellow Hufflepuffs shouting words of encouragement after me.

"Go get 'em, Cece!"

"Show those losers what Hufflepuffs are made of!"

"Queen bitch, you go suck some cock and make it to the top!"

This was without a doubt the happiest day of my life to date.

******

Why does shit always happen to me?

I had it right there; my moment of glory where I finally got to be in the Hogwarts main spot light.

And what happens? I get over shadowed by a pimple faced fourteen year old orphan boy.

Don't get me wrong, I like Harry. I mean, he's alright for a douchebag.

I think Dumbledore kinda agreed with me though because he totally lost his shit backstage, even roughing Harry up a bit.

And here I was thinking he was supposed to be the king of calm.

It took that freaky new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher to point out that Harry was too much of a talentless wonder to be able to cheat the system.

Anyway, the whole thing totally deflated the vibe I had going on. By the time we were all dismissed, I was ready to go crawl into my bed and call it a night.

The Hufflepuffs, however, had a different plan in mind. As soon as I walked into the common room, a chipped china mug of Firewhisky was pressed into my hand.

"Fuck yeah, you did it Cece!"

"Screw Potter, you're the real Hogwarts champion!"

"Yeah! Hufflepuff pride all the fucking way!"

Ah, I love my Hufflepuffs.

******

Harry caught up with me at breakfast the following morning; the entire school throwing him glares as he crossed the hall towards where I was seated like a queen at the Hufflepuff table.

Even though I was secretly pleased, I also felt a bit sorry for him. It seemed even his best friend was giving him a filthy death stare.