32 - The Headache

I go to bed that night, my heart still in my throat.

How will I ever be able to look Harry in the eye again? I feel like the most horrid person in the world. I feel dirty.

But at the same time, I really, really enjoyed it.

The next morning I shower vigorously. I scrub the Slytherin off my skin until I am red raw.

Oh, Merlin, if only we were going home today. But sadly, despite the end of year party, some of us still had some OWLs to take.

I go down to breakfast, trying to ignore Hannah and Susan's evil glances as I pass through the common room.

I have a headache and I don't know why. Probably something to do with my vivid dreams about Sirius.

I push them aside, thinking it is probably just down to the fact that I have been wondering lately if I'd be spending any of the summer at his place. I hope so. I do adore that hot dog.

I eat my breakfast morosely, shovelling porridge in my gob as I try and ignore the Slytherin table. A certain white-blond wizard is trying to catch my eye and I refuse to give him the attention.

"So... History of Magic today, huh?"

I jump at Harry's voice, and glance to my right where he is sat, watching me carefully, his green eyes piercing through his round glasses.

I look away, my face instantly flaming, and I feel guilt writhe in my stomach.

"Hey," I mutter. "How are you?"

"Missing you," he sighs, "if I'm to be perfectly honest."

"Harry, don't," I say, thinking of Draco ramming his cock into me.

"Sorry," he mutters dully. I can't look at him, because he looks like the child he was when he died that night.

"I had sex with Malfoy last night."

I freeze the moment the words leave my lips. I don't know what made me blurt that out loud.

"I know."

I look up at him sharply. "What the fuck-? Tell me you didn't see-?"

"No, but I did see what happened at the party. I may only be fourteen but I get it. You developed feelings for him after what we did, I could see it happening but I didn't want to stop it because it was the only way I could be with you."

Harry looks sad and it makes my heart twist.

"It was just sex-"

"I wouldn't know... I'll never know."

We both fall silent and I pick up my pumpkin juice and take a long sip.

"He keeps looking over," Harry says dully, "just so you know."

I feel a flicker of anger. I don't want Draco to look at me, I want him to let me be. No, what I really want to do is turn the clock back and tell him to stick his sordid arrangement. How could I have been so stupid? Harry and I were fine before as we were. Why the fuck did we have to bring the physical side into it?

Before I can say anything to Harry, I notice Ron and Hermione hurry over, both their eyes wide as they approach me.

"Is it true?" Hermione puffs, throwing herself down into the seat the other side of me. "About last night?"

"Oh bloody hell, Cece," Ron mutters, shaking his head as he hovers behind Hermione, "Neville said you went full psycho mode on the dance floor, attacking Hannah Abbot for stealing Malfoy from you. The whole school's talking about it!"