43 - Partner Up

He hadn't meant to deceive her like that, he just wanted to cheer her up.

But of course he couldn't ask his mother about the Diggorys. He couldn't risk word getting out that his sympathies lay in any way towards Cecilia. For a start, his mother blamed her for his father ending up in prison. She hadn't said so in so many words, but the way she'd dragged him out of Madam Malkins and her anger afterwards told him enough.

And yes, it sounded as though Cecilia's parents had been snatched. It was hardly surprising though given who their daughter is. Draco was just amazed Dumbledore hadn't arranged for their protection the minute it was clear that Voldemort was back.

So, he'd simply sent his mother a note informing her of his progress on his task. Or lack of, if he'd even been honest with her.

But it worked, it had made Cecilia take time out and spend it with him. It wasn't as though he was looking to get his end away - he was pretty exhausted himself in all honesty. Although he wouldn't have objected if she'd wanted to hop on his cock.

And then fucking Potter had to interfere, of course he had. Even in death he was a fucking thorn in his side.

In truth, Draco had needed a distraction. September had gone by far too quickly and it seemed Christmas was heading towards him at full speed. He knew that if he didn't get the cabinet fixed by his return to the Manor, then Voldemort had a 'punishment' up his sleeve (or as he called it - a little reminder of what is at stake).

He had a new plan. It was, he hoped, one that would speed things up.

He just prayed that the necklace was still for sale.

*****

Dumbledore was his usual unhelpful self.

"Perhaps they simply wanted to see more of the world? It is a beautiful place, after all, full of such wondrous treasures."

"Without Dad's teeth?!" I spluttered. "Um, I don't think so."

But he wouldn't listen, and instead promised not to give me detention for skipping school if I went to class straight away.

Cunt.

To my surprise, Draco is at Defence Against the Dark Arts when I arrive. I was half expecting him to have found a new companion to join him in the prefects' bathroom and help deal with his horniness. Perhaps he took care of it himself?

He tries to catch my eye, but I refuse point blank to look in his direction. I do not appreciate being lied to like that.

When Snape tells the class to divide into pairs to practice non-verbal spells, I am almost unsurprised when Draco practically dives across the classroom and throws himself dramatically onto my desk.

"Partner me?" He asks, his face looking up at me hopefully.

"Actually," Justin Finch-Fletchley says, puffing out his chest as he taps a finger on Draco's shoulder, "I was going to partner her. You leave our Cece alone. It has been two years since she turned you into a ferret. Let it go."

Draco gives him an incredulous stare. "That's not what I-"

"Trouble?" Zacharias asks, approaching us, his eyes flashing menacingly at Draco.

"Oh, for fuck's sake," Draco mutters under his breath.

"What is going on at the back?" Snape hollers angrily as he glares over in our direction. "I thought I said divide into pairs? Last time I checked, this didn't mean four. Finch-Fletchley, Smith - you two go together. Diggory can partner with Malfoy. Let's see what they make of one another."