30 - Menage a Trois

"Oh please, Harry, one more time... pretty please?"

I look up into Harry's eyes as they gaze down at me through Draco's face. We are sitting on the floor of the classroom, with Harry leaning against the wall and me in between his legs, my back pressed against his chest.

I like being like this with him, it feels wonderful and warm and comforting. I can feel his heartbeat against me as his strong arms clamp tightly around my middle, holding me to him. Every now and then he kisses the top of my head and murmurs sweet nothings in my ear.

But there's something else I like to hear him say, and I am eager for Harry to entertain me.

"No, Cece," he groans, pressing his forehead down onto my shoulder so that Draco's white-blond hair tickles my face, "I feel daft."

"I'll say thank you in kisses if that helps?" I ask coyly, knowing Harry wouldn't resist.

He lifts his head back up immediately, setting his face into Draco's signature scowl. He draws in a sharp breath and then opens his mouth, making sure his upper lip is curled into the perfect sneer.

"Just wait till my father hears about this!"

I immediately double over in hysterics, shaking in Harry's arms as the laughter just explodes out of me. "I can't-" I gasp, "-it's too funny!"

"Yeah," Harry chortles dully behind me. "Hilarious."

Sensing the tone, I twist around in his lap and look up at him. His green eyes look sad, and I can't at first work out why.

"Harry? What's wrong?"

He's still wearing Draco's scowl, only this time I sense it's not an impression.

"Can we not talk about Malfoy, just once?" He grits, his eyes flashing angrily.

"Harry, are you jealous?"

"Of course I'm jealous!" He bellows indignantly. "It's not me that you're attracted to, it's Malfoy."

"No, Harry. It's not like that."

"How isn't it? If I jumped in, let's say... Dumbledore's body, would you kiss me then?"

I recoil in disgust, imagining Dumbledore's crusty old lips against mine. "Ew! No! Don't be gross, Harry."

"And there's my point. You don't think it's gross kissing Malfoy."

I feel exasperated. He is putting me in a really difficult position, and I don't know how I can articulate the right words to smooth things over.

"Harry," I say, rubbing my face. "I can't quite explain it, but when I talk to you in this body, it's like I'm talking to you, not Malfoy. The second you leave it, Malfoy's personality takes over and I cannot stand it. I cannot stand him, and I would never want to kiss him because of that. Now... this may hurt, but yes he has attractive features which makes it easier for me to want to kiss you. But that pretty much is where it ends. I love being with you, Harry Potter, not Draco Malfoy."

His expression softens and I know I've said the right thing. I mean... of course I find Draco attractive, but there are lots of people I find attractive. However, there is only one person I want to be with, and that's Harry.

I try not to think about the fact that he's dead.

And as he looks at me, with his beautiful, sad green eyes, I can see he's thinking the same thing.

"I'm sorry, Cece," he says sadly, "I'm sorry I can't ever give you more than this."

"It's okay," I whisper, leaning my head on his shoulder as his arms tighten around me, "I'll take this for now."