34 - Shiny Ornaments

That is the last time I ever take any advice from Harry.

Thanks to him, Sirius is dead. If he'd had just left me alone after that 'vision' then I'd be looking forward to spending the summer holidays with my favourite hot dog.

True to his word, Draco managed to get Umbridge away from her office. Unfortunately, thanks to Ginny, Ron, Neville and Luna acting all suss in the hallways, she quickly hot footed it back.

Draco glanced at me apologetically as Umbridge literally dragged me out of the fireplace by my hair, snarling and spitting in my face as she did so.

And when she threatened to use the Cruciatus Curse on me I just looked her dead in the eye and said, "Go ahead, bitch."

Sadly, Hermione jumped in and stopped her, muttering some shit about a weapon.

Draco tried to get Umbridge to allow him to come with us into the forest. I could see the panic in his eyes and hear the desperation in his voice. I was thinking that maybe we could have done with him, but at this point I wasn't even sure whose side he was even on.

"Professor," he had implored as she roughly shepherded me to the door, creasing up my shirt, "Professor Umbridge, I think some of the Squad should come with you to look after-"

"I am a fully qualified Ministry official, Draco, do you really think I cannot manage two wandless teenagers alone?" Umbridge asked sharply. "In any case, it does not sound as though this weapon is something that schoolchildren should see. You will remain here until I return and make sure none of these-" she gestured around at Ron, Ginny, Neville and Luna "-escape."

Draco stole a quick glance at me, his expression doleful. "All right," he had muttered sulkily. And that was that.

The next thing I knew, Hermione and I were leading Umbridge into the forest with Harry hurrying along beside us for the sheer entertainment.

It was rather wonderful seeing Umbridge get carried off by a herd of angry centaurs though.

"Do you think she'll be alright?" Hermione trembled.

I shrugged. "Who knows. Whatever they do to her, though, it couldn't happen to a nicer person."

"Now you need to go and save Sirius." Harry said for the gazzillionth time that day.

I looked back in the direction of the castle, biting my lower lip.

"FORGET MALFOY!" Harry roared in my ear. "GET SIRIUS!"

"Cece? Are you okay?" Hermione whispered as I scowled in Harry's direction.

"Peachy," I muttered, still glaring at Harry, "I guess we better find a way to get to London then. Don't happen to know if they run any cab firms around here, do you?"

Hermione looked taken aback. "I- uh- no... sorry."

"Why don't we fly a Threstral?" Luna asked as she emerged from the trees with Ginny by her side, closely followed by a battered looking Ron and widely grinning Neville.

"Did Malfoy let you go?" I asked, confused.

"Nah, we hexed them," Ron chuckled. "Should have seen Malfoy's face when we overpowered them. He's going to be fuming later when he wakes up."