28 - Polyamory

"What do you mean you've apologised to Lucius Malfoy?!"

"Not in person," I say defensively, wishing Hermione wouldn't look at me like that. "It's just, thinking about it... maybe I'm not one hundred percent sure it was him-"

"OH, YOU MEAN THE WALMART BARBIE WHO LOOKS FREAKISHLY LIKE A CERTAIN FERRET WE ALL KNOW?!"

Ron's face is red as Hermione places a hand on his arm to calm him down.

"What Ron means to say, Cece," she says calmly, "is that we are simply concerned that maybe you've been coerced in some way. That perhaps someone forced you into going to the Quibbler and announcing that Lucius Malfoy is innocent after all."

"Nope, not at all." I say quickly, averting my eyes up to the enchanted ceiling as I ram a lollipop into my mouth.

The truth is, I feel flutters in my stomach. In just an hour, Harry and I will be meeting with Draco to finalise our arrangement.

I have no doubt that Draco will be sticking to his word because I could see how much he relished the idea. I try not to think about that side of things though, and concentrate instead on the fact that I'll be seeing Harry's eyes for real soon. It will be Harry's eyes looking into mine as we kiss and touch. Draco won't be there, instead he'll be asleep in some sort of weird possessed coma and none the wiser to what Harry and I get up to.

"This is a complete nightmare," Ron groans into his hands. "First Dumbledore goes on the run leaving that bitch to run the school, and now Malfoy is walking around with a smug expression on his face that I just want to punch."

"And don't forget the disbandment of the DA," Seamus pipes up as I continue to furiously suck my lollipop, "it's all Dean and I had left to live for."

Honestly, I am seriously starting to regret my decision to sit with the Gryffindors for tea. They could be so dramatic at times.

"Wow, insensitive much." Harry sniffs behind me.

I twist my head and peer up at him, and I can't help but find a smile tugging helplessly at my lips. It is the first time I am seeing him that day, and my stomach squirms slightly.

His green eyes meet mine and they twinkle through his glasses. I say nothing, of course, but we share a knowing look.

"Cece?" Hermione's voice brings me back to the living. "Are you alright? Who are you smiling at?"

Oh drat. I've got to learn to stop doing that.

"I reckon our Cece's in love," Seamus chortles as he childishly nudges Dean in the side with his elbow. "So... who is it? Who is the lucky knight who has stolen our fair maiden's heart?"

Ugh. Who the fuck talks like that?

"Uh- no one," I lie, wishing he'd shut the fuck up. "But I do know that I'm late for that- um... thing."

"What thing?" Ron asks, his eyes narrowing suspiciously.

"That thing... that I- um- arranged with um- you know... thingy."

"I don't recall you saying anything about a thing?" Hermione adds curiously.

Merlin, I love the Gryffindors but sometimes it is like getting the third degree - they want to know everything. You tell a Hufflepuff you're going somewhere, however, and they simply wish you luck and give you their last slice of toast for the journey.

"Fine. If you must know, I'm off to make out with a dead person using Draco Malfoy's body as a vessel."

The entire table falls silent. Several pairs of startled eyes blink up at me.