29 - Lips

Stupidly, I decide to stay when I really should have just left. I don't know, it just feels... rude, I suppose, not to say thank you.

The first thing Draco does when Harry hops out of his body is touch his fingers to his swollen lips.

"Fuck, there's no need to ask how you spent the last two hours," he drawls disdainfully, "did you even let me come up for air?"

"Stop! I wasn't kissing you, I was kissing Harry."

"Pfft, my chapped lips say otherwise. I ought to charge you for damages."

"Damages?! You were the one giving out condoms! Which, by the way, are still in their box. I'd like to assure you that our clothes remained firmly on at all times."

"Well, that's no fun," he pouts. "Bet I got boner, though. Did you feel it? Did you grind up against it to get a measure of my size?"

I look at him in disgust, shaking my head. I cannot quite believe this is the same guy who was holding me in his arms and kissing me with such tenderness just moments before.

Because it isn't, I suppose. Harry's the one treating me like a queen, and Draco's well... Draco.

"You're a pervert, you know that?"

Draco just laughs, his grey eyes flashing zealously as he throws his head back. "Says the witch using my body to get up close and personal with a dead guy."

I go to leave, feeling exasperated by this moron, but when I reach the door, I hesitate and turn around.

"What you're doing for Harry, it's not about sex. It's about giving him the gift of life, if only for a short time. Without it, he is neither here nor there - he hasn't been since that night in the graveyard when those scum took his life almost a year ago now. So yes, I will thank you, I will thank you for both myself and Harry because for the first time in your life, Malfoy, you're actually doing something decent."

Draco looks wrong footed at this, his mouth opening and closing as he fails to find a decent come back. Instead, he gives up and swallows, eventually mumbling, "You're welcome," before glancing awkwardly away.

It is almost endearing.

Harry, who has been watching this exchange in silence, follows me out, his eyebrows raised so high they almost reach the ceiling.

"What?" I ask as we make our way through the school halls, Harry's eyebrows still trying to leap off his face.

"You just gave Malfoy a compliment."

"He just gave you his body."

"Touché," Harry sighs heavily, exhaling a long puff of ghost air. "I suppose that makes me in his debt from here on. Anyway, I enjoyed tonight... did you?"

He looked at me expectantly, and I couldn't help but smile at him. Although it was odd, because it didn't really feel like I'd just spent the last two hours in his presence. "Of course, Harry. I liked it a lot."

"It was good to touch you. And kiss you. You know, my last kiss as Harry Potter was with Parvati or Padma... I can't remember which, I was quite drunk and they both look the same."

"Who was your first kiss with?" I ask, intrigued.

"Again, Parvati or Padma. It was the same one."

"That's it? You had one lousy kiss in your entire lifetime?"

"I was fourteen when I died, Cece," he said morosely,  bringing a hand up to his face to readjust his glasses. "Besides, how many guys have you kissed before tonight?"