Chapter 37

Just have to tap them, Robin thought to herself from where she was crouched down with the others. Snowflake was pressed closely against her side, her cold scales sent shivers down Robin's spine, though they weren't as cold as a regular IceWing's scales since the princess was a hybrid, unlike her brother and sister. This should be easy enough, we've done this before.

There were two ways the dragonets could go about this training session. They could either work together, or, work against each other.

And by how Robin was feeling towards Python right now, this training session was going to be a competition. One that she would win.

The hybrid dragonet sent a side glance towards her SandWing cousin who looked to be more focused on the task at talon rather than noticing her challenging look. She watched as he started to take the first few slinking steps into the lush flora, his golden sandy yellow scales sticking out against their dark and rich colours of various shades of green.

Oh no you don't, Robin didn't waste any time starting to skunk up ahead, her movements quick as she moved across the jungles littered floor. The dragonet kept her steps light, keeping her talons off of anything she thought would make to much noise and alert the soldiers of her whereabouts.

She kept her head down and eyes locked onto the soldiers up ahead in the clearing that was littered with small twigs and dried leaf's, which would make it even more difficult to sneak up upon the alert soldiers who's eyes were closed, making it just a little bit easier for the group of dragonets who were trying to sneak up upon them with Roseary watching them from above like an owl.

Robin could practically feel the LeafWing's strong gaze burning into the back of her skull, making her tail twitch and neck spines want to rattle if they were an IceWing's neck spikes.

Come on Robin, you can do this. You've been through the worst so this is nothing compared to everything else, she told herself, making her heart thump heavily in confidence.

When she took a quick glance behind her, looking over her shoulder from where she was hidden beneath the lush leaf's of a large bush, it's leaf's the shape of hearts, she was able to see Trotzen was following behind her. The bulky SandWing dragonets black obsidian like sparkling eyes were narrowed in concentration.

Behind them was Cacti and Snowflake, the two seemingly silently working together as they snuck through the foliage towards one of the large tree trunks close by.

When she continued her scan behind her, she didn't see Python, but it didn't take long for her to spot the young SandWing who had somehow gotten closer to the LeafWing soldiers before she had.

How?! She wanted to grumble to herself and let smoke rise from her nostrils, but she had to stifle those emotions down in order to focus on beating this training session, beating Python.

Robin kept sneaking closer until the came to the edge of the lush foliage and plant matter, from this point in it would get harder because it would be to loud to fly across the small littered clearing, but it would also be loud to step inside of it because of all the twigs and dried leaf's. It seemed like the others had thought of this too as they all had stopped at the edge of the clearing, seemingly waiting for who would make the first move to possibly make an opening for the rest of them.

As the seconds ticked by without anyone making a move to go first, it seemed as though Roseary was growing impatient with the dragonets.

"The longer you wait, the more risky a mission came become. A simple in and out is the best mission you can get, if you stay to long within an enemies stronghold, the quicker you will be to notice." Their LeafWing trainer hissed from above from where she was perched within the branches. "So you better start moving quickly, or I'll give the order for them to open their eyes and make this all the more difficult."