Chapter 10

"Why are we still moving?" Python asked with a yawn as he walked behind the group.

Since they spotted the palace earlier that day, they've decided to use that as a marker to where they needed to go. They've been making their way towards it on foot, but once they noticed that there were hardly any dragons flying around, they took to the air until the sun started to set and more dragon started to pop up, which meant to Kingdom was becoming active.

So, they continued on foot as they walked around the outskirts of the village around the towering NightWing palace that had NightWing's flying around it like a swarm of buzzing bees, or even a flock of fluttering and squealing bats.

"Because it would be a stupid idea to sleep with NightWing's flying around." Trotzen said with a flick of her barbed tail.

The princess was right. NightWing's were more active at night, which made a lot of sense though Robin's father and grandfather weren't active at night. They were active in the day just like every other dragon. But back to the topic at talon, the NightWing's. Since they were active at night, that means the group could be found by them while they're asleep, which Robin did not want to happen because they could be sent back to the Sand Kingdom, having to restart their whole journey.

So, because of this, they were going to continue moving for as long as they could throughout the night and try not to be spotted by the nocturnal tribe of black dragons.

"We've been moving all day, can't we take a small break?" The tired SandWing dragonet asked with a whine. He never likes traveling that much, especially long distances for long periods of time, so it was obvious that he didn't like this one bit.

I'm shocked he even agreed to come along, Robin through as they kept walking, using this as a chance to distract herself from how sore her limbs were getting. Maybe he just didn't want to be left alone if we decided to go even if he didn't want to?

She took a look over her shoulder, looking at her cousin who followed behind the group with Princess Snowflake walking beside him, her glasses gleaming in the moonlight.

Maybe that's why he came along with us, her ears twitched as she froze, hearing a flapping sound along the breeze.

Wing beats.

"Hide!" Robin whispered quickly before she leaped off to the side into some of the lush bushes. She winced as she felt it's thorns attempt to grab at her. She could feel them snag against the fur around her neck and tug at the leather pouch strapped onto her right shoulder. She also felt one of her glances her snagged on the thorns that harshly tugged at the leather, clinging to it for dear life as though they'd sank their fangs into it.

She winced as she felt some of them prick her scales, but as she tried to tug herself away and under the bush where there wouldn't be as many stray thorns, she realized she was stuck. Her I've wouldn't let her move since it was caught.

Robin could hear her friends jump in after her and go off into the back to stay hidden, but she couldn't go back with them as she was stuck.

"Guys! I'm stuck!" She started to thrash, starting to go into a panic as the wingbeats grew closer.

"Where are you stuck?" Snowflake pushed her way closer to Robin, trying to see where the other hybrid dragonet was stuck and unable to go deeper into the bushes with the rest of them to avoid being seen.

"My glove, the thorns won't let go."

"Take your glove off!" Trotzen called over to hen in a hushed whisper as the wingbeats continued to grow closer, getting louder.