Chapter 30

"Robin! Oh thank the moons you're alright!" The green HiveWing spoke softly, emotions swirling within his eyes as he hovered outside the hybrid dragonets window.

Robin couldn't help but reach out with her uninjured talon, her arm slipping through the golden metal bars, reaching out to try and touch Lychee, almost as though she couldn't believe he was there, outside her window.

This can't be real, she thought to herself before Lychee wrapped his talons around her own, she could feel the soft palms of his talons, the warmth of his scales that had grown to be familiar to the SkyWing-NightWing dragonet over the year she'd been here on Pantala.

When it finally registered for the five year old dragonet that Lychee was really there, she broke down once more into tears.

I'm not supposed to cry, she tried to tell herself as she pulled Lychee closer to the bars, her head resting against the cold sparkling metal as Lychee rubbed circles into the scales on top of her talons, as though trying to soothe the sobbing dragonet before him that he could not hug to reassure her that everything would be okay, that she'd get out.

The golden muzzle wrapped around her snout prevented her from letting the scales on her face touch the cold golden metal bars, but she didn't care. I'm a brave dragonet who flew beyond the sea to the lost continent, I shouldn't be able to cry!

Yet here she was, bawling her eyes out quietly like a hatchling who had just stumbled over and bruised their undersides for the first time.

"Robin, everything is going to be okay." Lychee's voice was soothing, something for Robin to latch onto. He reminded her so much of Auntie Sapphire. The thought of that hurt Robin, she missed Sapphire's kind smile and soothing voice. She could remember the time when Sapphire found her crying from when she woke up from an awful nightmare when she was only two years old.

The small SeaWing held her close, running her webbed talons down along Robin's spine, whispering soft words into her ears to try and lull her back into a peaceful sleep.

"I'm going to find a way to get you out, you just need to wait and be strong for me, okay? Can you do that for me."

Robin could hardly muster up any words along side her muffled sobbing. She was so scared that she would've been locked away forever, but Lychee was here to get her out, set her free.

"Robin?" Lychee spoke softly, pulling the dragonet out of her trance as she looked up to meet his gaze, the soft buzz from his wings filling her ears. "Robin I'm going to need to go before I'm seen, okay? But don't worry! I'll be back tomorrow night alright?"

"N-no!" Her raw voice whispered. "Don't go, I don't want to be left alone!"

"You won't be alone for long, okay? I'll be back tomorrow and we'll figure a way to get you out and back to the others where you'll be safe."

Does he know where they are? Are they safe? Did Thorn take them to the Poison Jungle where they'll be safe? So many thoughts and questions were racing throughout the dragonets mind as she held on tightly to Lychee's talons, thinking that as soon as she let go, he'd disappear into thin air, revealing that he was nothing more than a figment of Robin's imagination.

"Y-you'll be b-ba-back?" She wanted to wince at how weak her voice sounded, it didn't sound anything like the dragonet she saw her as.

Brave, fearless, determined....but right now she saw herself as nothing more than a chained up bird, being weak and afraid.

The green HiveWing she saw to be like an older brother nodded, speaking softly to her. "I will, I Promise. Until I come back, how about you think about the song Cinnabar taught you? Huh? How does that sound little bird?"