Chapter 31

Robin let out a huff from where she laid within her small room. Her escape attempt being a total failure.

The dragonet was confined back into her room, the door shut as a SilkWing was seated within the room with her, gently wrapping up her broken wrist with their silk, their talons shaking as though they were afraid of breaking Robin any more than she already was.

I was so close, she told herself with a huff, which in turn caused the SilkWing to freeze in his tracks, looking her nervously in the eyes before he slowly stared to get back to work. Yet so far away from freedom at the same time.

She wanted to growl in frustration, she wanted to burn something, but her golden head harness prevented her from doing so. Robin could remember how her pop-pop would tell her how SkyWing's would often burn things in frustration, since their emotions made them lose control of their flames.

Robin pushes the memories of her pop-pop away, she didn't want to cry in front of this SilkWing, she already cried in front of Lychee.

As soon as the SilkWing had finished, he quickly got up and knocked on the wooden door which opened slightly, just enough for him to squeeze his way out. Leaving no room for Robin to even attempt to make another foolish attempt at a possible escape.

Once again, she was left all alone within the small room that was nothing better than a simple birds cage. Just this one had fewer bars and gave her privacy.

What did Queen Hornet even truly want from her? Did she just see her as some glorified pet because she was a different kind of dragon The thought of that sent shivers down Robin's spine. She wanted to be seen as dragon, not a pet.

The time seemed to fly by as Robin dwelled within her own mind, though, she was soon pulled out of it by a soft knock the door. The hybrid dragonets head lifted up slightly, her eyes narrowed as she watched the door open quietly, a head popping in to look at her.

It was the HiveWing soldier with the golden hoop earring.

Robin felt her ears pin themselves along the sides of her skull, her gaze hardening as she couldn't stop herself from letting out a low hiss that seemingly rolled off of her forked tongue.

The HiveWing flinched slightly before she looked to take in a deep breath and make her way inside, quietly shutting the door behind her as soon as her tail slipped in, her tail which had a rather sharp stinger with a strap of gold strapped onto it, making it look even longer and sharper along side the rest of the golden armour adoring her frame.

"Hey there." The HiveWing's voice was soft, soothing to listen to just like Auntie Salamander's music and singing. She spoke in a hushed tone, one that Robin would use if she were trying to talk to a scared animal. "I just wanted to ask how you're doing."

And why would you care? She wanted to remark, but she kept her snout shut and kept that thought to herself within her head. This HiveWing was one of the ones that brought her back to her room, why should she need to talk with her?

The HiveWing waited a few moments before letting out a quiet sigh, turning around and silently making their way back out the door. Robin listened, her ears perked up as she listened to the sound of the latch on the door locking, sealing her away once more fully within her room.

Leaving her alone.

-~-~-~-~-~-

Night fell soon enough, though it felt like it took forever just for the sun to start to set. The sky turned from a warm peachy orange that reminded Robin of her mother's scales, to that of a dark midnight blue that resembled that of a simple painting her Auntie Lavender had tried to make of Queen Misfortunate, the new ruler of the NightWing's long after the disappearance of the last NightWing Queen decades ago.